Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing around with the options on a new SL and a new SE, and for the life of me, I can't figure out the difference b/t the two trims if I add the following options:

AWD
Touring package with Sirius
DVD
Nav System
Dynamic Control

Once all that is added to an SL, what's the difference b/t it and a similarly loaded SE?

I'm seeing about a $700 price differential, but I can't figure out what the SE has that the SL doesn't at that point. Anyone know?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Hard ride differnet wheels

:eek:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
SE has the following:

6-speed manual mode
different wheels
brushed aluminum roof rails
firmer springs and struts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
For 06, both SE and SL have six spoke wheels now. I'd trade sportier handling for a firm ride anyday. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric L. said:
For 06, both SE and SL have six spoke wheels now. I'd trade sportier handling for a firm ride anyday. Just my opinion.
Which one has the firm ride? The SL?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
chiswede said:

Which one has the firm ride? The SL?
SE has the firmer suspension for sharper handling.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Eric L. said:
Bad English there. I meant I'd take the tradeoff of sportier handling for a firmer ride. Not that sporty handling and firm ride are mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Eric L. said:
Yes, both models have 6-spoke wheels, however the SE wheels are different from those on the S and SL models.

-njjoe

·
Registered
216 Posts
Since you are looking at leasing, you should consider that the SE has a 1% higher residual than the SL AWD, which can help make up for part of the higher price of the SE.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also preferred the SL to the SE, I live in area where there are lots of terrible roads and train tracks galore..so the SL was the logical choice. The SE def. drove harder...you felt all the bumps, where the SL is more forgiving. I did the SL AWD w/ Nav, Touring with XM ( FYI- it is pre-wiring only, you have to pay an additional 500 for them to "install" it ), and Dynamic Control Pkg..I really wanted the tire pressure monitoring system. Drive them both---you will be able to tell right away which one you like more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Drea217 said:
I also preferred the SL to the SE, I live in area where there are lots of terrible roads and train tracks galore..so the SL was the logical choice. The SE def. drove harder...you felt all the bumps, where the SL is more forgiving. I did the SL AWD w/ Nav, Touring with XM ( FYI- it is pre-wiring only, you have to pay an additional 500 for them to "install" it ), and Dynamic Control Pkg..I really wanted the tire pressure monitoring system. Drive them both---you will be able to tell right away which one you like more.
I think the "premium package" comes with pre-wiring only. I'm having them price it with the touring package w/ Sirius. I'm pretty sure it's already in there. Better not be another $500!

·
Registered
186 Posts
chiswede said:

I think the "premium package" comes with pre-wiring only. I'm having them price it with the touring package w/ Sirius. I'm pretty sure it's already in there. Better not be another $500!
Yes if you want the SAT be sure to get it as a factory install (unless you are super handy.. I'm not). You can negotiate that cost with the vehicle. I found out the hard way that they want almost 2x the cost (varies between dealerships..) when installed after the fact. I got mine for $480 but some dealerships wanted around $800). I believe factory installed option is around $350 (+ or -) MSRP.

·
Registered
133 Posts
SL vs awd

Get the SE AWD. Nice car. Darrell.
Had my 03 SE AWD since DEC. 02. Darrell.
PS. need iut sometimes in winter on our steep road.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'd try the SE. Went from a van to a SL at the time it seemed vey firm. Now we also have a BMW 528i w/sport package, now the SL seems too soft.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Can't stand 6 spoke wheels or any even number.

The 5 spoke SL wheels did it for me

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a Subaru Outback now. I like being able to take tight turns at fairly high speed.

Am I going to notice a big difference going ot Murans - SL vs. SE.

I would be bummed if I had to slow way down...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
dougbradley said:
I've got a Subaru Outback now. I like being able to take tight turns at fairly high speed.

Am I going to notice a big difference going ot Murans - SL vs. SE.

I would be bummed if I had to slow way down...
dougbradley-

The MO is not a sports car. Regardless of whether it is the SL or SE, the MO's forte is not screaming through a tight corner at fairly high speed. The stock tires are mediocre at best, the CG is too high, and it is FWD. That is hardly the recipe for a corner-carver.

Do you really want to be "able to take tight turns at fairly high speed"? Buy a Z. Or better yet, do what Enforcer did - get both a MO and a Z!

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"I've got a Subaru Outback now. I like being able to take tight turns at fairly high speed.

Am I going to notice a big difference going ot Murans - SL vs. SE."

That's a good question.
First of all, let's be honest, Subaru is a great car, but this ain't a Subaru Forum. We have our own opinions of Subaru that might be unpopular over at Subieland.

I for one, see a AWD station wagon when I look at an Outback, not an SUV.
The difference is not in it's capabilities, but in it's body style. The "U" part of SUV.

The Subie is only 63.2" high and has an 8.7" ground clearance. That makes the body only 54.5" high. Not all that easy to move around in. More like a car.

The Murano OTOH is shaped a bit more like an SUV.
The MO is 66.5" high and has a 7" ground clearance. That makes the body 59.5" high. More like an SUV.

So we know that the Subaru is LOWER overall than the Murano. Advantage Subie.

But, we know that the Murano is a good bit WIDER than the Outback. Advantage MO.

We know that the Subie has a pretty good suspension system and we know that the MO's SE is pretty tight.

I guess you are just going to have to take a test ride to find out. :2:

I "suspect" that the Subie will outcorner a Murano.

Homer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts