Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just test drove the SE and the SL today! Did not really notice a difference in the harshness of the ride between the two! May have noticed a tiny bit of difference in the handling!

What is everyone's opinion in the driveability between the two of them? If I equip both of the them the same (premium, leather, sunroof, cold pkg, dynamic stability control, or popular instead of premium), the SL comes in at $479 cheaper (based on invoice pricing) than the SE. The only differences I can find are the 6 spoke wheels (SE) vs 5 spoke, and the sport tuned suspension (SE) vs touring? suspension!

Help! Is the SE worth the extra money?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
See this thread and that thread. Interestingly, that was also my experience. This is taken from a Nissan guide to new models:

Murano SE standard features include (adds to SL):
• Sport-tuned suspension (firmer front/rear springs, firmer struts/shock absorbers)
• 6-spoke design aluminum-alloy wheels

• Dark silver-colored lower bumpers
• High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights
• Manual headlight levelizer

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did notice the difference in ride; The SE is more Uteish while, the SL leans towards the sedan side. I never carved any aggressive corners in either - My test circuit for both was 3 miles of back roads, including traffic lights and 3 miles of highway.
As much as I would love to have the triptronic on the '04s, I seem to lean towards the SL. Also, the SE was certianly a few decibels louder. I mean, if you are transitioning from a compact ute, you won't find it odd. But it is certainly not "Camry" quiet. Car and Driver calls the SE "flinty" with better cornering. I drive 55 miles one way everyday on the highway so, I think I will definitely stick to the SL. Also, if you picked the Leather, Premium and Moon roof packages, it becomes almost the same except for
1) the 6 spoke wheels and
2) Stiffer or "driver oriented" ride. (Someone correct me if I missed something:) )
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Bigger difference in Canada

I am now "stuck" with an SE and its stiffer ride, in order to get leather, blue/black colour combo, and whatever else.

The "ride"... well, my choice would have been SL, even though I don't notice any difference. I sit high, step in and out easily, and it's comfy.

I am happy with the choice. Handling is perfect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rainbowfarm

Don't be so hard on yourself ;) when you say you are "STUCK"
It is still a great vehicle in both trims plus, if you drive the twisties a lot, you are certainly better off with the SE.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I drove both the SL and SE. I found the the SE's ride was definately a bit louder and rougher (but not by that much) I chose the SL for that reason. Here in the US you can indeed equip them exactly the same (except for the obvious suspension and wheel difference) and the SL comes out about $400-$500 cheaper when you do so.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It's all twisty around here

I live on a ridge, between two mountains, with all the dips and curves that go along with that.

I just plain like it. "Stuck" was tongue-in-cheek. This is the bestest car I have ever driven!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think the SE would ultimately be more fun to drive, the only reason I had to go with the SL is that I spend between 7-12 hours a day in the car and I wanted the quietest softest ride possible for that reason only. The SE is definately more sporty and if I could afford it I would get the SE for fun and, I don't know, a Caddy for work...;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts