Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey MO trainers.

My MO has seatbelt warning light on if I dont buckle up, but isnt there suppost to be seatbelt warning chime(sound) along with the light on...?

Ever since I got my MO, there's no seatbelt warning chime(sound) but only warning light on before I buckle up. But, the MO manual say there suppost to be audible warning sound as well...?

How's your MO sounds like when you dont buckle up?
Is my MO normal or defected.

Thanks!

Nizmo

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Nope, no sound here either.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
HTRK-1 said:
No chime here either...Thanks goodness .
Yeah, no kidding! Why are you complaining about this?

What's REALLY annoying is my wife's car. Chevy Prizm (yes, I've complained about this car before). One more little thing has gone wrong and now it ALWAYS thinks that the seatbelt is not fastened. Thankfully it doesn't have a chime, but the light on the dash FLASHES!!!!! So now you always have this continuously flashing red light on the intrument panel. Annoying as hell. But it would cost about $300 for the (st)ealer to fix it, so I guess it will be that way until the end of time (or if I get too annoyed I'll try to mess with it myself).

For some reason my wife doesn't seem to mind, so more power to her. If it were my car I would be going nuts.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
I agree completely. I'ts the kind of defect I am happy to live with!

Are we sure it is supposed to chime? I don't have my manual handy, but I've imagined things to be in there before. I remember posting here asking how to fold in the wing mirrors electrically like I read in the manual....of course, no such thing is there. Just another case of wishful thinking!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RE: Seatbelt Chime

Thanks for the reply!

My dealer want to take a look at it, but cancel my appointment.
I dont mind the no sound, I guess its a happy defect or not.

Muuuch better than having the annoying sound all the time, when you are sitting on MO listening to music or something while waiting to pick-up your family.

Keep on rollin MO trainers!

Nizmo

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yeah no sound here either - in fact, I have never been in a Nissan where it had a seat belt buzzer.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
He's right!

From the manual:

Seat belt warning chime
The chime will sound for about 6 seconds unless
the drivers seat belt is securely fastened.

Instruments and controls 2-15

Not a fault my dealer will ever hear about from me, or any of us I suspect!

·
Registered
541 Posts
No chime here and happy that way :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a very pleasant chime on mine......BTW, if that's not working might there be other things to worry about. ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had an 01 Ranger & 03 Mustang, and both would continuiuosly ding until you buckled up. kind of a pattern of about 24 ding ding dings every 30 seconds or so, for at least 15 minutes, VERY ANNOYING. So lets be glad that MO only has a small 6 second chime in some of our cars. I havent noticed it, but I'm usually buckled before I even start the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Being a firefighter/paramedic and seeing what can when you do not have a seatbelt on, my MO has never had a chance to sound a warning buzzer for a seatbelt not being on.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Actually I was incorrect in my post above. The MO does have a seat belt buzzer, but its the same as the key in ignition beep. Try starting your car, and a beep beep beep will sound for about 5 seconds. Thats it! I guess technically that counts as a buzzer...

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Im glad it doesnt have a chime.

My sister's VW Passat has a seatbelt chime aand it annoys the heck out of me.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Its amazing how you tune things out. I DO have the chime, but assumed it was for the key.

Oh well! Wrong again!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RE: Seat Belt Chime

Change my mind...

If it only sound for 6 seconds and stop? (anyone).
I might want the dealer to have a look at it for no charge.

But, I aint taking it down anytime soon, just got my first oil change so let say...next time @ 7500 mi, dont wanna waste my time.
WatChaThink?

Nizmo

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Yep six seconds and stop.

No big deal at all. Even though I always wear my seatbelt, I still object to "big brother".

Dont get me started about "Objects in the rear view mirror...."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts