Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Canadian 2015 Platinum and would like to know if I should I get a chime if the drivers seat belt in not put on? The light in the dash is on showing the seat belt is not on but no chime of any sort. I just want to confirm that this is normal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Canadian 2015 Platinum and would like to know if I should I get a chime if the drivers seat belt in not put on? The light in the dash is on showing the seat belt is not on but no chime of any sort. I just want to confirm that this is normal.

Nope no chime. It's perfectly normal. I guess Nissan figured we was all adults buying the Murano. And didn't need a reminder to buckle up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seat Belt Warrning Reply to Thread

I have a GCC spec 2015, i have same issue of no chime while the seat belts are not engaged (all of them including drivers) I feel it is a safety issue (also relating to another safety issue of strong reflection of ac vents on the side mirrors)

Would Nissan give a solution for its existing customers for these problems?

Pearl White Nissan Murano LE 3.5 GCC Spec

·
Registered
147 Posts
I get a chime if I put load in the passenger seat, it thinks someone is sitting there and advises me they should put their seatbelt on!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Read manual - it mentions chime should sound if seat belts are not engaged

Nope no chime. It's perfectly normal. I guess Nissan figured we was all adults buying the Murano. And didn't need a reminder to buckle up.
pLEASE READ THE USER MANUAL AND INSTRUCTIONS,

If it is mentioned therein that chime to work when seat belts are not engaged, then why it is not happening?

Isn't it a safety issue?? fyi 'ONLY IF SEAT BELT ARE ON YOU ARE SAFE WHILE IMPACT, BECAUSE KEEPING A SEAT BELT ENGAGED WILL ENABLE AIRBAGS TO POP UP DURING AN IMPACT. THEN WHY THIS CHIME IS NOT GIVEN IMPORTANCE ?? Page number .jpg

IMG_20160409_192639.jpg

IMG_20160409_192651.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
pLEASE READ THE USER MANUAL AND INSTRUCTIONS,

If it is mentioned therein that chime to work when seat belts are not engaged, then why it is not happening?

Isn't it a safety issue?? fyi 'ONLY IF SEAT BELT ARE ON YOU ARE SAFE WHILE IMPACT, BECAUSE KEEPING A SEAT BELT ENGAGED WILL ENABLE AIRBAGS TO POP UP DURING AN IMPACT. THEN WHY THIS CHIME IS NOT GIVEN IMPORTANCE ?? View attachment 33057

View attachment 33065

View attachment 33073

Never happened in mine. So I won't bother with taking it in to be fixed. I think the chime is annoying as hell when I'm moving the car around in the driveway. I believe we are all grown adults here that are financially capable of buying a Murano. So why do we need a reminder to buckle up?

I had the dyno shop tuner. Turn the dang chime off if my Ram pickup just for those specific reasons.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never happened in mine. So I won't bother with taking it in to be fixed. I think the chime is annoying as hell when I'm moving the car around in the driveway. I believe we are all grown adults here that are financially capable of buying a Murano. So why do we need a reminder to buckle up?

I had the dyno shop tuner. Turn the dang chime off if my Ram pickup just for those specific reasons.
Hi Statcher1, agree with you on the irritation of the chimes, however what we see here is not what is being liked or disliked by the consumer (what you like may not be liked by all), but a safety issue for all consumers in different parts of the world with different mindsets and different attitudes and driving on the roads with different people and different traffic rules!

Scenario where a adult forgets seat belt and as a result has caused self a physical damage with family and kids being awfully injured. All this could have been avoided by the irritable chimes reminding that Adult on the safety of adults family in the car. More over see what the manual book promises and what is really at hand ( A without warning safety issue!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Bondo
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing