Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, love the forum. My dad just brought home his new MO and asked me to look for some seat covers. Anyone have them and where can i get some? We checked @ the city w/ no luck and i only find "custom sheepskin" ones online. Thanx :)

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Seat covers (for the front seats, anyway) may (will probably?) cause a problem with the airbags in the sides of the seats. That may be why you aren't finding any.

It's probably not a good idea to install seat covers.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I agree with Dij. Seat covers in the front are potentially hazardous as they will definitely interfere with the operation of the side air bags. For the rear seats, a generic bench cover should work - but you will loose the split fold down feature.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
One day on a whim I brought home some dark grey sheep skin covers for my black cloth seats.....
The first thing was the head rests, the second was the backing of the sheepskin worried me about abrasion to the seat cloth. The third thing was it would cover the seat controls--I neva thought about the air bags--that would make it 4 things against them. I took them back the same day.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
For the MO I think you would have to go for custom seat covers. I looked into these a bit since I was considering going for the touring package, but I can't stand leather. I found a couple places online that made custom seat covers for the MO that SUPPOSEDLY didn't interfere with airbags or controls, but they were quite spendy (like $800 per seat).

Can't remember where I found them, but it should be relatively easy to google...

~ Corin

·
Registered
834 Posts
I bought some custom seat cover from AutoCraft I think (something like than) we have them in our Sienna van also.

They have openings on the side for the side air bags.

Don't use them, on leather they slide too much. I keep them around for camping and vacation trips in case my dogs get up in front.

They were less then $200.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Try the wetokole seat cover...

i saw some friends used them (not in Murano) and they are pretty good quality...

WET OKOLE

It also looks like they have murano seat covers (front and rear) ready, $225 fronts and $249 rears

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The MO manual states NOT to use seat covers due the interferance with the air bags.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seatcovers, read the owners manual

Hi all

Who ever stated that a seatcover could potentially interfere with the aire bags is correct. When the owners manual says don't put a seat cover on the seat, they say it for a reason. If any of you have seen the seatcovers Nissan sells for the Titan you will notice how they've been tailored to avoid interference with the side airbags. Nissan does not currently make such seatcovers for the Murano.

·
Registered
834 Posts
The seat cover I have are side air bag safe. There is no fabric on the sides where the air bags deploy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dmako, I'm glad you like your covers. Denim would not be an acceptable fabric from a styling / durability standpoint for a cover actually made by Nissan. The seatcovers from Nissan go through hundreds of hours of material testing and are tailored directly to that vehicle and are backed by the Nissan warrenty. If enough people yell loud enough, Nissan would probably make some for the Murano. The current direction is that "it doesn't fit the vehicle image".

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Chancie23 said:
Dmako, I'm glad you like your covers. Denim would not be an acceptable fabric from a styling / durability standpoint for a cover actually made by Nissan. The seatcovers from Nissan go through hundreds of hours of material testing and are tailored directly to that vehicle and are backed by the Nissan warrenty. If enough people yell loud enough, Nissan would probably make some for the Murano. The current direction is that "it doesn't fit the vehicle image".
For a second there I thought that you had some to sell.

·
Registered
834 Posts
No I don't like them. they slide too much on leather.
Just use them once in awhile if my dogs are not in their crates in the back.

We have them on our Sienna (cloth seats) side air bas too, work real well.

Chancie23 said:

·
Registered
22 Posts
dmako.

Well, your covers don't appear ideal, but for occasional use (in my case, hauling my greasy racing friends, rather than dogs) they might be OK. How easily/quickly do the covers come off and on?

Anyone try the Wet Okle's yet? I wonder how much one slides around on them?

·
Registered
834 Posts
They go on fairly easy if you want a temp install. They are one piece and you can simply slip them on. If you take the time you can attach small hooks under seat for a tight fit.

I didn't go with the Okle's for the following reasons:

Air proof, won't let the leather breath.
Neopreen (spelling?) holds odors.
Also being very tall, I didn't want to lose 'any' leg room and those Okle's are thick.

rogmur said:
dmako.

Well, your covers don't appear ideal, but for occasional use (in my case, hauling my greasy racing friends, rather than dogs) they might be OK. How easily/quickly do the covers come off and on?

Anyone try the Wet Okle's yet? I wonder how much one slides around on them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the input.

Hmmm, yours seem like good temporaries/occasionals.

Otoh, I'm short and narrow, and the Murano seats are really just 10% too big for me. If the covers on the Neoprene's effectively thickend the side bolsters (narrowed the seating area) I'd be better off. I'm used to an old Porsche mostly, and these Murano seats, though newer/nicer, just don't hold me in well during cornering. Maybe that's a message reminding me is a pseudo SUV, and not a sports car :)

Thanks again
Roger

·
136 Posts
Wal-Mart about $35-40. Did not consider air bags though. Looks good with the latte interior and wears well after a year.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts