Nissan Murano Forum banner

Was your Seat track replaced

• Does your Murano have a loose or rocking drivers seat ?

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • Have you attempted to have dealer repair the problem ?

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Has the problem be solved after taking to the dealer ?

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Have you needed more than one track instaled to fix the problem ?

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • My Murano's seat is fine!

Votes: 28 32.9%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Im just curious to know how many people have a loose and or rocking drivers seat and if repaired with the TSB proceedure issued by Nissan, has there been any repeat problems. So far I have had 2 tracks put in my Murano not including the original one and the latest one is rocking already. Now the dealer is giving me a hard time triing again....Thank you

·
Registered
38 Posts
my driver seat seems slightly loose occasionally but not enough to make me notice daily. I have not taken a look at it yet or attempted to tighten it at all. maybe I will let the dealer take a whack at it when I bring it in next for scheduled maintenance, loose visor clips.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah, once in a while if I move quickly from one side to the other, I feel a little clunk under there but not enough either to have to fix it. Even if I try to make it do it again when it happens, it won't. And my VIN is not covered in the TSB so it is impossible that my track is defective... lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi inorder to test your seat with one hand grab the seat by the head rest and attempt to shake the seat no need to be violent. Then compare by doing the same with the passenger seat. Let me know if you to see a tremendous difference . And for all of you being scammed by the dealerships that say all the other muranos on the lots drivers seat does that, just say obviuosly not all and show them how snug the passenger seat feels.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just had my seat track rail replaced for the second time today - I finally had to get the 1-800 nissan folks involved - they were actually better than the folks at most dealerships - they told me that if this does not fix it they will replace the entire seat - I will let you know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well after sending a notice of refusal to repair my seat track to Nissan i got a response> I brought the car to my normal repair garage to back up my claim about the seat as the dealer was triing to say it isnt moving while im able to rock a baby to sleep it is so bad.Now that nissan got the letter i sent via cetified mail with the dealerships refusal to repair note they are going to replace to whole entire seat this last time.They now have 14 days and counting to do so.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you have a link to the TSB. I noticed my seat rocks some when I break and accelerate.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think I had both replaced and all has been fine since

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the link CopperKat. I have an 04 that is rocking slightly. Guess I will have to talk to the dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Follow up from last weeks seat repair attempt. Now the dealer wouldnt officially admit the track is rocking excessivly so I had to have my mechanic to note it which he easily did. At the same time he found that a tapping sound from the engine (which the dealer could hear but couldnt find after 7 days in the shop) to be a wire dangling into the electric fan. So then the dealer said they would put a complete brand new seat off of a new car when it comes in, as the 5 others muranos on the lot with black leather interior werent good enough, Then today when my accesory belt started to brake apart while i was driving so i called them to have it towed for the 3rd time.While i had the service lady on the phone I asked about the seat and wanted it replaced while it was going back to them again, she claimed the 2004 seats are completely different and wont bolt up so either she is lieing threw her teeth again or Nissan revised the 2004 inorder to avoid this problem. By looking at the two different years the leather and controls are seem identical ? anyone have any ideas????

·
4,601 Posts
The 2004 got the power lumbar, so yes, it is different. Slightly. Why don't they just order the parts instead of screwing around? Oh yeah, that would make sense....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was at the dealer today and they showed me the seat lumbar was different and they say since they already changed 2 tracks it must be something else so they want to change the whole thing. Im upto about 25 days in for repairs so they dont want to keep messing around either and my repairs are not only for the seat, The alternator broke the rack had to be tighten then had to rerurn for the alighnment they should have done the transfer case and driveshaft broke i think it was just the transfer case and the hoped initialy it was the driveshaft and lost the chance.Then last week a wire was hitting into the fan due to a clip they broke with all there hand hitting everything that one toke a total of 7 or 8 days for them to find and at the same time they found that the air flow sensor was bad b/c my check engine light came on after a bad bucking and jerking feeling occured.Now yesterday the alt belt broke one me .This car and or mechanics that have touch everything sucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well as for the new seat offer Nissan reniged on.Nissan now said the seat rocking is a characteristic of the car, what a bunch of dumb asses a defective caractoristic is obviously something a consumer doenst have to except.I said apperently theres alot of defective charatoristics with the Murono like mine and almost half of all Muranos alternaters breaking and my transfer case breaking...It looks very likely that Nissan will have to buy my car back so Beware. And goodluck to those who have had no problems..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 800 miles on my Murano now and the seat is starting to make this creaking noise when I shift my weight from side to side. What should I do? I was thinking of fixing it my self. :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where can I find that TSB?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have this little annoying issue with the seat rocking, but my Mo is a 2k4 and the TSB says it covers cars built before July 25th 2003. Wonder if it still applies.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts