Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Yesterday I got my 2006 platinum SL AWD (loaded with everything but NAV) and I love it. I traded in my 2003 pewter Murano SE, 43,900 miles. The 2003 was a great car and it made me a little sad to see it go. Hope the 2006 serves me as well as the 2003 did.

Nan

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
nansumner-

Good luck with your new MO. I am sure the new one will quickly make you forget about the old one.

-njjoe

·
Registered
982 Posts
nansumner said:
Hello all,

Yesterday I got my 2006 platinum SL AWD (loaded with everything but NAV) and I love it. I traded in my 2003 pewter Murano SE, 43,900 miles. The 2003 was a great car and it made me a little sad to see it go. Hope the 2006 serves me as well as the 2003 did.

Nan

If you don't mind sharing... how much did you get for the trade in and what was the cost of the new one?

Does it drive any different?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Congrats on the new MO.

So you went from the SE to the SL. Ouch (to me and all other SE owners)!!! :D :D

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'd be intererested in why SL to SE, and if you noticed any improvements in quality, etc.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Quite obviously did it for the increased performance and of course the looks.

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
He actually went from 2003 SE to 2006 SL. So new chromed look, and smoother ride?

I do admit though that the SE rides very firmly (even more so than a stock WRX I've driven recently). Personally I wouldn't trade any cornering performance for a softer ride. But thats just my preference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Answers to Questions

Thanks for all the congrats!!

The dealer gave me $23,300 for the 2003 Murano SE trade. The 2006 SL was $34,350.

I got the SL (vs. the SE) because of the color and it had all the options that I wanted. Muranos are beginning to be in short supply here in the Raleigh-Durham area of NC.

The SL does drive differently. I guess I would describe the ride as more "cushy".

Both the SE and SL are great cars!!!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
hfelknor said:
Quite obviously did it for the increased performance and of course the looks.
Homer

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :29:
Bob1

·
Registered
747 Posts
nansumner

How do you like the Platinum as compared to the Pewter? I think I liked the color of the Petwer better before they changed to Platinum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pewter vs. Platinum Color

I actually prefer the platinum color although I loved my pewter '03.

Next week, I am going to have the local Lexus dealership install a VentureShield clear bra on the new Murano. (They are the only place in town that has a professional installer.) I didn't have alot of rock dings on the front of the '03, but I had enough to make me wish I had done something to prevent them.

Anyway, I post next week after the install to let everyone know how it went.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
DARN YOU CAROLINA AND YOUR STANLEY CUP WIN!!! :3:
but i'll forgive you because you have a murano
meh... we'll get the cup back next year. :2:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
What's a stanley cup? Some kind of jock strap?

Homer

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
hfelknor said:
What's a stanley cup? Some kind of jock strap?
:jester: :jester:

Homer, unfortuantely nissanlove will have to wait because the cup will be need to dropped off for a year in NY. Next time your in NYC, you can visit the cup at MSG nissanlove.
Bob1:p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nissanlove said:
DARN YOU CAROLINA AND YOUR STANLEY CUP WIN!!! :3:
but i'll forgive you because you have a murano
meh... we'll get the cup back next year. :2:
It's been quite an exciting time with the Stanley Cup win down here in college basketball (UNC, Duke, NC State) country...something we're not used to...having a winning professional sports team. However, I already have my Hurricanes season ticket for the upcoming year and I say, "Let the games begin...."

·
Registered
19 Posts
On Sunday I took delivery of my new 2006 SL AWD Super Black/ Charcoal Murano. It has all of the bells and whistles including the Touring Package, Navigation and Dynamic Control.

I traded my 2003 SL AWD Silver/ Charcoal. I felt bad leaving my "baby" at the dealer like that, as it had been a great car in every way...gorgeous and very fun to drive! Also, it was the fifth one sold in my area in December 2002 when I bought it, so I had the fun of driving a "first." I couldn't go anywhere without people stopping me to ask me what it was!

I love my new one also--- especially the rear camera and the navigation system. I paid $34,900 for the new one, and I received $18,000.00 for my trade. I thought that the price for the trade-in was good until I saw what some other people who posted got for theirs.....Oh well it's a done deal!

Anyone else out their who traded a 2003 for a 2006?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts