Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not all like or rather appreciate the CVT.

try this link MO

but then again what Brits know about SUV's, Crossovers etc. They drive saloons, lorries:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Guess it takes all kinds. Personally, I was sold on the Mo about five minutes into the test drive, and the main thing that grabbed me was the CVT. Now Goldie has just under 10k miles, and I must be one of the lucky ones--no rattles, no squeaking brakes, only one little rock chip on the hood. I've been driving for more than 60 years, with some 30 different cars, and this one is by far the best. I couldn't disagree more with the UK critic.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
I'm ashamed to be British!

The guy is frankly talking out of his arse. 8.8 seconds 0-60?? Did he have the parking brake on?

Never mind. My last car was a Land Rover Discovery. Unbelievable off road but nasty on the morning commute. Shoddy build quality, 10-12 mpg if you are lucky and less power and "go" despite it's V8

I love my Mo and haven't regretted buying it for a minute!

I also believe the Brits will never see the Murano for sale there. Even at 22 mpg it's was too expensive for most people to run. I think petrol is around $4 a gallon there now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
malaycobra said:

I also believe the Brits will never see the Murano for sale there. Even at 22 mpg it's was too expensive for most people to run. I think petrol is around $4 a gallon there now.
You are correct, however it has been mentioned that Nissan will sell the 2nd generation Murano is Europe and it will have a Diesel. I hope they put a diesel in the American version. With the exception of VW, everyone else has ignored the great potential of these engines.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Diesel engines have come a long way. My father recently bought a new Mercedes diesel. It's smoother than a baby's bum and has more power than I could ever use. While I was home visiting, we went on a 250 mile trip of back roads and highways and it returned 45 mpg!

·
Registered
148 Posts
malaycobra said:
Diesel engines have come a long way. My father recently bought a new Mercedes diesel. It's smoother than a baby's bum and has more power than I could ever use. While I was home visiting, we went on a 250 mile trip of back roads and highways and it returned 45 mpg!
I was going to get a Jeep Liberty later this year because it was going to have a Mercedes diesel in it. Unfortunately it had been delays so many times, I got tired of waiting and went with the MO. I'm quite happy with that purchase too :D

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Malaycobra,

I agree with your comment. If I did not own a Murano I would never ever even think of looking at one after reading this “review”. Funny, but I always respected the British cars, well engineered, but as you said – quality. Friend of mine told me story about quality control at Jaguar, but it changed when Ford took control.

Land Rover was and still is a great vehicle for off road driving. And I mean real off road. It was just too expansive and in Australia people were buying Toyota Land Cruiser instead. Another great off roader well suited to Australian Outback (I know it from my own experience).

Yes, the petrol is expensive in Europe. Last time I was traveling I paid something like 1.2 Euro for a litter! (at that time it was like $4/gallon!) Outrageous! :3: I understand why people out there are buying smaller cars with smaller engines.

But guess what Brits do when they come here to the States? My UK friends drive Dodge Rams, Jeep Cherokees, Honda CRV’s…………:D

Interesting what you said about diesel engines. Yes they are going through another wave of popularity in Europe. The new generation diesels from VW, Mercedes, Peugeot, Renault and others are nothing like we used to know. They are exactly what you described: powerful, tourqey, smooth, quiet, economical……….and they are great for off road driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts