Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Start the engine.
2. Turn Audio system off.
3. While pressing and holding Menu button rotate volume knob Left, Right, Left - each time during rotation it should be at least 7 clicks.
>:D
Proceed with caution, since I have no idea what you can mess up there. Hopefully it's just diagnostic.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Boy you do have a lot of free time on your hands:D What made you discover this? You just sit in car and play with buttons??

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy you do have a lot of free time on your hands:D What made you discover this? You just sit in car and play with buttons??
:) No, of course not. I read the Factory Service Manual that is available on net. It's just I remember watching youtube video about 2nd gen. Murano and they had similar secret diagnostic menu. So first thing I checked when I was glancing over Manual was this secret menu. It's fun. And I'm preparing for exam and sometimes when I need to stretch my legs after studying I just enjoy reading some new info about Murano. It's a new car for me and I'm still enjoying it. :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
It contains a lot of test and diagnostics. The microphone test is kind of fun. I noticed that the speaker test was only for 6 speakers. I changed the setting for predictive lines on the navi to "with" (default "without") but haven't driven it yet to confirm what this does, all I know is the backup camera worked the same. It also tells you what version of software is installed and contains information needed to update the maps when you get a new version, didn't mess with that one since I don't have a new version to install and didn't want to muck up the one I have. Nothing noted on climate control.

Checked the errors logs and there were none. Ran the self diagnostics and it came back as no problem found. Nothing earth shattering, it's just a diagnostic tool and error log.

·
Registered
7 Posts
:) No, of course not. I read the Factory Service Manual that is available on net. It's just I remember watching youtube video about 2nd gen. Murano and they had similar secret diagnostic menu. So first thing I checked when I was glancing over Manual was this secret menu. It's fun. And I'm preparing for exam and sometimes when I need to stretch my legs after studying I just enjoy reading some new info about Murano. It's a new car for me and I'm still enjoying it. :)

Could you point me to Factory Service Manual location on the net?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I looked over the manual for the audio system. interesting as the brochures all say 11 speaker Bose system, where it's actually 10 speakers plus the amp.

That is the first time that Ive ever heard the amp in a speaker count.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I looked over the manual for the audio system. interesting as the brochures all say 11 speaker Bose system, where it's actually 10 speakers plus the amp.

That is the first time that Ive ever heard the amp in a speaker count.
There are 3 speakers on the dash, two in the front support pillars, four in the doors and the subwoofer has two speakers in it. Total 11 speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you enable allowing use of navigation when driving?? :)
Been trying to find a way of doing this too. Was hoping i could mess with something in the maintenance menu, but it appears that this only tests the speed and parking break signals, no way of disabling them that i can see. Hopefully someone will figure out a way. I love my Lockpick C8 on my Charger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
1. Start the engine.
3. While pressing and holding Menu button rotate volume knob Left, Right, Left - each time during rotation it should be at least 7 clicks.
Proceed with caution, since I have no idea what you can mess up there. Hopefully it's just diagnostic.
Sounds like the old Nintendo's.

Who remembers this: Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, B, A, Start

·
Registered
229 Posts
1. Start the engine.
Has anyone got this to work. Works great on my '17 Max but when I try it on my '19 Murano it just turns on the radio and increases the volume.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been trying to find a way of doing this too. Was hoping i could mess with something in the maintenance menu, but it appears that this only tests the speed and parking break signals, no way of disabling them that i can see. Hopefully someone will figure out a way. I love my Lockpick C8 on my Charger.
I have the same problem at my Qashqai too, has any one find a solution ?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bump for '19 and '20 owners. Has anyone found a way to access the menu on the '19's and '20's? The procedure mentioned above DOES NOT WORK on the later model vehicles. Works great on my '17 Maxima. With the Murano when rotating the volume knob while holding the menu button with the audio off only results in the radio volume increasing. I'm still looking for a solution but so far no go.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts