Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
those who have/purchased security plus, how long did you wait till your papers was mailed in. Im still waiting for mine, its over a month.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It has been 7 weeks for me...nothing yet....I called Nissan yesterday and they said they were mailed 4 weeks ago...not sure to who...but they are send them out again....time will see...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Did you guys get some kind of card to show that the vehicle was covered?
Or does Nissan do it completely by computer?

BTW I got the paperwork after 2 mos. But didn't see a card or something that would be good to carry in the glove compartment.

Homer

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That was a topic in another thread. Some say NEVER buy it they are just a rip-off, others say great idea especially since it's a new model line. In my case, my dealer made me a deal I couldn't refuse, he gave it to me at cost. Without checking my records, I think I got the Security+ Gold for $500. He did the same thing with me on the Z. The way I look at it, I've spent $500 in a lot worse ways. Like my current Sony home theater amp that doesn't work with ANY universal remote.:bonk:

·
Registered
717 Posts
I had a very similar situation with a Sony CD changer. Went through like five different remotes, some even Sony, and none would work. They would control everything else (receiver, DVD, SAT, VCR, etc), but the CD changer refuse to cooperate.

I went back to the Best Buy store like 4 times returning remotes because they wouldn't work. They thought I was serial return scam artist or something like that. None of them ever managed to figure out the issue either so I feel better at least about that.

I finally figured it out when I bought my last remote.

My Sony cd changer had a user adjustable set-up function that gave me (I had no idea) a choice of using either an RF signal or an IR signal from a remote, but not both.

Well you guessed it, I switched it from the one it was on to the other one and of course any remote now works with it.

Your mileage may vary!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Enforcer said:
That was a topic in another thread. Some say NEVER buy it they are just a rip-off, others say great idea especially since it's a new model line. In my case, my dealer made me a deal I couldn't refuse, he gave it to me at cost. Without checking my records, I think I got the Security+ Gold for $500. He did the same thing with me on the Z. The way I look at it, I've spent $500 in a lot worse ways. Like my current Sony home theater amp that doesn't work with ANY universal remote.:bonk:
Well said. If I had the chance to grab the extended warranty for $500 and from Nissan, I would dive into that without skipping a heart beat. The only thing that makes me want to get this is the fact that it's a completely new design, meaning new and not proven parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts