1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes....$1000.00 for a 5 yr...75k Gold Preferred

·
Registered
487 Posts
No, I passed on any extended warranty. I'm thinking about buying one after the fact, which I believe is available to you up to a year after purchase. After that, you can still get it, but the cost goes up.

Right? This is only what I've heard. The dealer agreed with this at the time of sale, but they were evasive.. clearly they wanted me to buy the warranty then and there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was told the price goes up about $250-300 if you don't buy it at time of purchase....I thought they gave me a good deal on it plus it was just factored into my payments...It also gives me roadside and a rental car anytime my MO is in the shop for a warranty related issue....

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Got the Gold warranty - 7 years 70,000 miles
Think it lists at 1630. bot it for 1300.

Homer

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've posted on this before, so I won't bore anyone with the details again. But, an extended warrantee, when purchased from a dealer, is almost never a worthwile investment. Next time you find yourself at a Barnes and Noble, go check out a book called "What car dealers don't want you to know" by Mark Eskeldson (sp?). There's an entire chapter in there on the subject. Very well written and to the point.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Yes you have posted that before.
And now you owe me the price of the book.
Nowhere in there do they list CVT.
:D

OK, cut the humour, Homer.

In point of fact I rarely do either.
But it IS a first year car with a transmiission that has never been installed in this kind of car before.
In fact, this particular model transmission has never been installed in any car before.

There are no figures on the Murano that would substantiate what Marl Eskeldon proposes.
None.

Therfore, like everything else about the Murano, it is a personal choice and I personally hope that you (And Eskeldon...who probably didn't buy a Murano;) ) are right.

But if you (and Mark) are wrong, you will pay in excess of $5000 at a most inopportune time.

But you know all that. (Mark doesn't :D )

Homer

·
Registered
135 Posts
We did not take the warrenty. The dealer told us it was now or never, and it was all very high pressure after several hours of hot negotiation. High pressure always make me say no. After lurking here for the week since we bought the car we have begun considering the CVT factor convincingly presented by Homer and we are beginning to regret the decision. Has anyone had experience with after market policies?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid $1,600 for a 100,000 mile, $0 deductible 72 months silver plan. Did I pay too much? Also, is there a big difference between the gold and silver?

Also, I have noticed a lot of low price quotes on the different forms. I am assuming that when someone quotes a price, it is a straight deal (no trade-in) and no high interest rate. They take you on the trade in and you think you get a good price on the new car.

I received 60 month 3.7% interest rate.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The gold give you roadside assistance and a rental car anytime it is in for warranty related service...

·
Registered
110 Posts
We're wondering if anyone here has gone the online extended warranty route. I believe Edmunds.com and others recommend two companies in particular that are very well rated and MUCH cheaper than the Nissan versions. Not only cheaper but the coverage is much more extensive. Anyhow, we have yet to actually even BUY the murano let alone a warranty, but this is what we were considering doing. Any input appreciated.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I checked with some online companies and they were a little less...100-200, but they would not cover the factory NAV system....so I decided to go with the Nissan warranty

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I have had the independents in the past and they were
"OK".

The service departments are not thrilled by having to call some 3rd party company for approval.........and then if approval is not given having to call you..............
But you can force the issue. I did.

BTW WarrantyGold, one of the biggies, is prevented from doing business in some states. Like Florida.
I Do not know the details, but you probably need to check it for your state.

Homer

·
Registered
137 Posts
A. Third party is a pain in the butt
B. Edmunds ins't talking about 1st/2nd year made vehicles with all brand new systems and 50 computers.

C. If I use it ONCE in 7 years it pays for itself ++++++++++++++++sum.

We got the gold preferred and had the sales guy pull out one of his $100 sales deals they get. Cost $1200 and some change.

Well worth it. EVERYTHING starts breaking right after 3 years. Believe me. I was a double ASE Master Certified mechanic and felt for the people that had to shell out $2000+ for a computer module or something else that went bad right after their warranty went out. IT SUCKS.
$1200 divided by 4 years, divided by 12 months. works out to be pretty cheap INSURANCE just like you buy if you crash the damn thing.

Plus paid the extra $500 for gap insurance since we financed through Nissan 4.9%(Fico above 690!). Same thing with that. You think you will never need it. Well that is what I thought last year when I bought my $37000 4runner and didn't yield on a blind kind of corner deal, anyway my fault. Like the insurance lady said, at least I only had to pay out $800 out of my pocket since they retain so much value, he just had someone total a ford and had to pay over $6000 out of pocket since they didn't have it.
Moral of the story, if I total this one, oh well, they pay the car off, and me $1000 so I can go put some money down on a new one. Same thing, small amount for a big loss IF IT HAPPENS. ITS CALLED INSURANCE.

Same with state farm, I get a good deal since I have been with them since I was 16, 29 now, so it doens't cost me much. But I ALWAYS get 0 Comp, $250 collision. ONE windshield pays for the comp. which was needed after I drove the 4runner to N. Dakota from Calif. and the $250 collision paid for itself when I bearly hit my wife barely hit the garage and it cost over $2000, then when we totalled it. So ONCE again, it ALL paid for itself, a few times over I might add.

Just my opinion regardless of what some book says. Same thing with life insurance, how many times does it get used................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm not very often, but when it does, it sure does pay to have it, now doesn't it.
My Mom(very young) just pasted away, and the little Wal-mart slit between us kids helped pay for a nice going away for her.
She didn't have life insurance, but lucky Wal-mart did.

Just my opinion,
Chez

PS For the record, I never had an accident either until I totalled the 4runner, and never had a ticket either.
(Even when I had my Porche 944(1st car) and then my CBR 600F3.
I just like to be safe then sorry.
Paying out of your pocket noadays for a fender bender is a joke.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts