Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my Murano it's an 04 SL Pewter color 67,000k all highway, all standard equipment plus cargo floor cover, front rubber floor mats (to protect carpet floor mats) 4 dunlop snow tires on aluminum rims (these rims look nicer than the rims that came with the Mo) invisable bra on front bumper, headlites, mirrors. The alternator has been replaced under the recall notice. I'm asking $35,000. certified of course. I live in central Ontario my number is 705-454-3711.

·
4,601 Posts
Good luck! Just curious, what are you replacing it with?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replacing mo

I really like the Mo but it's not practcal for me I'm replacing it with a 4 door pickup truck and I'm leaning toward the Honda Ridgeline.

·
4,601 Posts
Ahhh.... Need more truck and less car. I completely understand!

The Murano's really a car disguised to look like a truck.

Good luck! Sounds like a good opportunity for someone looking to get into a Murano that's still fairly fresh...

If you have a picture or two, post 'em!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Might want to clarify that's Canadian dollars.
I looked at the selling price and was shocked, $35,000?!
I didn't even pay that much for my 04 SL AWD fully loaded new.
But then I looked at your location and realized that this is Canadian dollars. That makes more sense.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
does it have a sunroof?? just wondering since that's the only option you can get on a canadian SL. and i understand why your trying to sell it privately. the black book cost would have killed you if you were considering trading it in.

·
4,601 Posts
AWD?

New pricing from www.nissan.ca for SL FWD:

Total Designed MSRP† $38,198.00
Freight and PDE $1,314.00
Total* (before taxes) $39,512.00

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
prices

its AWD and I have about 45k into it with the accessories I purchased afterwards. the snows alone on aluminum rims were $1,900. the invisable bra was over $400. etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think that you are asking too much! I just bought a brand new 05 SL AWD for 37k and that has full 3 year warranty. Yours is out of basic warranty due to the kms on it. The extras help to sell it but aside from the snows, they won't add a lot to the price.
I looked at used before I bought and I could have bought an 04 SL AWD for around 32k and these had about 40k on them.
Check out the Autotrader web site for comparison.
I know what you mean when you say you shelled out 45k(6k in tax!!) for it because of the tax but remember that the new buyer has to pay PST when they buy it.
Just thought that I would give you what my recent buying experience has tought me.

Good luck in selling it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
man you guys in the east are getting killed with the taxes. i'm glad we don't have PST in alberta. our previous '03 SL AWD with sunroof was $42 xxx. and we sold it just recently to the dealer for 33,000 with just over 30k KM on it. our new murano '05 SE with tech and glacier pearl was just over $50K and the canadian black book lists it at 38K resale. WE HAVN"T EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO GET AN OIL CHANGE YET!!!. i checked the black book value on davers MO and it is rated as below AVG for just over $28000 high. with the snows i think if you get 30 G's for it then it would be alright. good luck to ya. to bad you have to let it go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
price to high

Ya I know the price is high but I may come done especially is somebody wants to buy the snows from me. I'm not in a rush to sell it and I don't expect to sell it on this site. Chance are III trade it at the dealer

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
cool. another question, why are you looking at the honda ridgeline. supposedly the fuel milage is pretty crappy.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
nissanlove said:
cool. another question, why are you looking at the honda ridgeline. supposedly the fuel milage is pretty crappy.
Well there really isn't any competition for a truly practical crossover sort of truck the Ridgeline represents, so I can understand why people would like it. Also since my Murano doesn't get near EPA ratings, the actual mileage between a Murano and the Ridgeline probably doesn't differ much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why ridgeline

There is some features that the Honda truck has that the others don't like the 2 way tailgate and the trunk under the pickup bed. I know the mileage is going to be about the same. Another consideration is the Subaru Baja a 4 door truck based on the outback and I know it will get good mileage about 35 on hwy but its smaller and a 4 banger to, so III try them both and go where I get the better deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts