Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
If your AWD temp warning is coming on have it checked ASAP to avoid damage.

Have you changed the tires or had any issues with them?

If there is another dealer in your area, try them. It's pretty obvious from your photo that there is a problem even if there is not an error code (which is hard to believe...) I assume they made sure the lower center bumper area doesn't have anything blocking the triangular area )which protects the radar sensor from debris...)

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The dealer rotated the tires but no issues with them and when the collision sensor went off I was on open highway with no other vehicles around. I just spoke to Nissan customer service and advised them that I would likely try another dealership as Mine thinks this is nornal.
I should have ask what the weather conditions were at the time the sensor blocked message occurred, was it clear weather at the time?

Regarding the AWD high temp warning, what were the road conditions at the time?

If in both cases it was clear weather, there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

The AWD overheat message is a high priority item to addressed ASAP to avoid damage...

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The weather was clear and 20 degrees out. the dealership told Nissan customer that the AWD high temp is normal and in the last reply I have pictures of minus 20 outside temp just warming up when the warning flashed on
It's ABSOLUTELY not normal. I've been driving an AWD Murano for 19 years and have never had that warning. It means the transfer case is overheating.

How many miles does it take to come on?

It's possible it's a defective sensor. It's also possible the transfer case was not filled properly when assembled, or it has developed a leak. It only hold 5/8 of a pint (a little over a cup) so losing any from a leak can be catastrophic.

The service department's knowledge is suspect...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts