Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please take a few moments out of your day to remember those who lost their lives................ and thank those serving to make sure this does not happen again............

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe your comments over simplify the magnitude of how horrible the event was.

If squashing all those who "might" be terrorists can stop it from happening again, then I'd by all means support it.

What we are doing now can only generate more hate, and I feel that our military personnel are being unfairly punished in Iraq.

I was there in person when the towers were hit, and you know what I saw in the cloud of dust? I saw hatred, and if evil can be visualized, it would be what I saw from my eyes at ground zero.

Having said that, most people remember 9-11 as an attack by evil terrorists. Having my life spared by the higher power, I feel that I walk away from this experience with new found sense of love for life.

It will always be a reminder to me for the love that New Yorkers were able to generate in the darkest hours, instead of the horrible bloodshed that took place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Disturbing number of people forgot

I have the priviledge of reminding fellow coworkers that today is a mournful day. It surprised me how quickly pain can be washed away.

Perhaps I remember it because I lived it, and others only saw it on TV.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was at an airport and the security guard pulled my car over to inspect it.

I told him I was there when the WTC was hit. He looked puzzled and asked me what was hit.

I told him there were these two big sky scrapers that were hit by airplanes in NYC on 9-11. Then he says OH! YEA I remember.

This encounter was only 6 months after it happened. Amazing isn't it?

I am guessing the further you are physically away from it, the less the impact. Now that I work in Dallas, and no one in the office remembers a darn thing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts