Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yup thats exactly what I mean. Is weird because everything was good until i replaced one because it was leaking air, before changing it everything was normal. I had it replaced by a normal valve until i bough the new one. Of course the light will come up since i dont have a TPMS semsr in one of my tires. Thinking it was going to get fixed once repkaced but for my surprise nothing still there. So if you back track everything nothing changed just a simple TPMS. So after buying one I replaced all of them and my scanner detects all of them with good battery and PSI and al is there. But the light BOOM!!!! Still there aaaarrrgggg!!!!
When you first start the engine, is the TPMS light solid or is it flashing for a minute or so and then becomes solid? BTW, which TPMS scan tool do you have (manufacturer and model #)?

EDIT: You said earlier that you bought "Schrader" sensors from Autozone, correct? I looked at the available options on the Autozone website and it looks like all of them say "programming tool required"--which specific sensors did you buy (model #)?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
When you first start the engine, is the TPMS light solid or is it flashing for a minute or so and then becomes solid? BTW, which TPMS scan tool do you have (manufacturer and model #)?

EDIT: You said earlier that you bought "Schrader" sensors from Autozone, correct? I looked at the available options on the Autozone website and it looks like all of them say "programming tool required"--which specific sensors did you buy (model #)?
My mistake i got those but returned them since those need to be programed the ones I got says continental:
Continental/VDO Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor SE10001HPR

• fits your vehicle

• Application: Sensor
    Notes: REDI-sensor. May require universal TPMS scan tool to relearn sensor. Follow OEM relearn procedure. Rubber Snap-in Stem. 315/314.9 MHz. Multi-application Sensor
I have an appointment with Nissan dealer because they are the only ones that have that specific tool for Nissans only. Thats what I have read. Since any other shop dont know what to do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

BTW the TPMS light used to blink a lot longer before going solid but now it just go solid almost right away

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
My mistake i got those but returned them since those need to be programed the ones I got says continental:
Continental/VDO Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor SE10001HPR

• fits your vehicle

• Application: Sensor
    Notes: REDI-sensor. May require universal TPMS scan tool to relearn sensor. Follow OEM relearn procedure. Rubber Snap-in Stem. 315/314.9 MHz. Multi-application Sensor
I have an appointment with Nissan dealer because they are the only ones that have that specific tool for Nissans only. Thats what I have read. Since any other shop dont know what to do.
I used a Continental sensor as a replacement except it had the metal stem to match the OEM sensor appearance. What a "relearn" means in the case of these cars is that the sensor IDs need to be written to the BCM and a scan tool tool with this capability is needed (...it must be able to connect to the OBDII port). The BCM is looking for specific sensor IDs and if it doesn't see all four then it will signal the TPMS fault by flashing the TPMS light for a while and then turning it solid. I've done this procedure with my own tool using a Continental sensor and it worked fine. I would be very surprised that a tire shop didn't have a tool capable of doing the procedure. You indicated earlier that you bought a TPMS tool, correct? Which tool did you buy? Can it read TPMS fault codes? If there is a TPMS code then it might give you a clue as to why the system is complaining.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I used a Continental sensor as a replacement except it had the metal stem to match the OEM sensor appearance. What a "relearn" means in the case of these cars is that the sensor IDs need to be written to the BCM and a scan tool tool with this capability is needed (...it must be able to connect to the OBDII port). The BCM is looking for specific sensor IDs and if it doesn't see all four then it will signal the TPMS fault by flashing the TPMS light for a while and then turning it solid. I've done this procedure with my own tool using a Continental sensor and it worked fine. I would be very surprised that a tire shop didn't have a tool capable of doing the procedure. You indicated earlier that you bought a TPMS tool, correct? Which tool did you buy? Can it read TPMS fault codes? If there is a TPMS code then it might give you a clue as to why the system is complaining.
Thios is what I got...
ATEQ VT31 TPMS Sensor Activation and Decoder Tool - Sensor Activation Coverage incl. 2020, Resets Domestic & Most European Vehicles up to 2020. I can detect all of them with this, still Im stock with the light. I made an appointment with Nissan but I will love to know how to reset this light myself so i can save a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I can only read the sensors information all four of them that tool i bough cant not be connected to the OBD connection it doesnt have that feature it says something to reset them but it doesnt do anything aaarrrggg!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Im going to do the single cable reset next to the OBD connection where you can reset the TPMS supposedly.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts