Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the technician tell me my light came on because I did not have the fuel cap tight enough. Has anyone else experienced this? Also has anyone had to have their computer reset in the car?

2003 Nissan Murano SE

·
Registered
418 Posts
Had the SES light come on a few weeks back and following the instructions posted by "TYLER-Canada" and simplified by Grip, found PO456 "slight leak at gas cap" fault. The timing re finding the code and resetting the SES very precise...took me several attempts...do a search re SES and read thread "resetting SES light"

·
Registered
564 Posts
Holly:

My SES came on within the first 3000 miles of owning my new Murano. It was reset once by the dealer and came on again. The first time, the code read "very small leak" and was attributed to gas tank filler cap having a faulty seal. The second time, another dealer did a complete evap leak test and noted a small leak at the front side of the engine. The hoses were tightened, the code reset and the problem has not re-occurred.

If your first reset works and keeping the gas cap on tightly prevents the reoccurance of the SES light, you're all set. If not, make sure your dealer service technician checks the gas cap seal AND runs a full evap leak test.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Please note that the SES light and gas cap is not a Nissan exclusive.
It happens with every other car manufactured in the world. :)

Tighten your gas cap each time until it "clicks" several times.

Homer

·
The Member
104 Posts
Service Engine Light

It is real, it is common on nissan cars.
All you do is reset it and try to close you fuel cap tight and never fill up with the engine running. :1:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
True, it's "real", but not a problem unique to Nissan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts