Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nissan Murano Service Manual can be obtained for $20 from the Nissan Technical Information Site. Simply create an account, you do not have to be a dealer, and then purchase an on-line 24 hour subscription. You will then be allowed to download all the Service Manuals and Technical Support Bulletins (TSBs) for all Nissan products, including the Murano. The Service Manual for the MO comes in pdf format, about 43 files in all. You'll need Adobe Acrobat reader. The first file is fwd.pdf. Simply click on the save button to save it to your hard drive. Then click on each section one at a time and save them. Takes a bit of patience and it really helps to have a high speed connection. From Nissan's tech info site, you can also order the SM on CD for $315.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Thanks for the download idea, $315 was too steep for a service manual! :mad:

I was just going to look for a Chiltons manual on the MO!

·
5,268 Posts
What a great link! Thanks Enforcer.

For US $19.95 it is a great deal!

Just a word of warning for prospect users - there are 43 files, 162 MB of information. So, unless you have a VERY QUICK connection and half a day to kill, do not even try. Being on T10 it did not take me that long, though still....

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, the Service Manual is a beast. The owners manual is much easier to swallow (2 meg) and good to have on your PC for quick look-ups.

·
4,664 Posts
You are not restricted to just the MO service manual. You can also go get them for other Nissan products then log into www.infiniti-techinfo.com with the same user name and password and get Infiniti service manuals.

The FX service manual tipped me off on some of the SAT detail and helped me figure out the wiring for the harness. It's interesting to compare the vehicles and their components.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those who are too bored to click through all the sections over and over again here is the direct URL to the PFD repository

Deleted by Enforcer

(fwd shown as an example). All you need to do now is to replace fwd with the name of the section. Greatly simplifies the download...

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
lbendlin:

Way to go.. :D:D:D I wonder what would happen if I played around with the links for other cars :D:D

I love web sites that have no clue on how to do security..

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Fun Fun Fun..

It looks like you can get every 2000-2004 vehicle by just changing the URLS. (I've checked Pathfinder,350z,sentra,altima,frontier,xterra,quest)

Apparently the TSB's are also there.. if someon can let me know the URL for the TSB's I'll work those out as well...

:1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
darrylburke said:
I love web sites that have no clue on how to do security..
Oops... It was certainly not my intent to prove that their security is, uhm, lacking. All I was looking for was a lazy way of downloading all 43 files after I paid my 19.95 . They should really check the sessionID, shouldn't they....

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked with admin and we decided to inform Nissan of the vulnerability. But...LOL...we obviously don't want to advertise a weakness in somebodies security, be it Nissan or otherwise. Although it probably won't last for long.

Great find though lbendlin. I was trying to do the same thing, find the url and simplify the download, not avoid paying the $20, just make it easier. And I have to agree but I'll go one better...what I can't believe is out of all the forums for the 350Z and FA and having talked about this topic many times...this forum and you were the first to find it! I mean here are today's stats on one of the the Z forums:

Registered Members: 17,260
Total Threads: 39,105 | Total Posts: 397,709

Kind of amazing when you think about it. But then again maybe someone knew and never posted it.

All is good, so onward...

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
indeed nice find.......

i may have accidentally used it today, and last nite, and run out of paper twice, but oh well... :eek:

for what i may not have saved on my drive, id be happy to give nissan 20$ ...............:4:

at least i have a gateway to check before askin any more dumb questions (but there will always be dumb questions from me......dont fear)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those guys probably were not lazy enough... :31:

TBH I was slightly upset by Nissan's attempt to disable the right click. (Don't they know that there is no such thing as client side security?)

The question should be - why are they making it so difficult to download the files? I wouldn't have messed with it if they had offered it all in a multi file rar or whatever.

Lutz

Anyhow, now I can finally start my project of kicking out that dull yellow fuel lamp!

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
lbendlin said:
Those guys probably were not lazy enough... :31:

TBH I was slightly upset by Nissan's attempt to disable the right click. (Don't they know that there is no such thing as client side security?)

The question should be - why are they making it so difficult to download the files? I wouldn't have messed with it if they had offered it all in a multi file rar or whatever.

Lutz

Anyhow, now I can finally start my project of kicking out that dull yellow fuel lamp!
DO TELL ABOUT THE FUEL LIGHT PROJECT!!

INQUIRING MINDS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW!!

THNX

SMS

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah post pics. I looked at the SM when this question was first asked and it just doesn't have that level of detail. It shows a diode but not how to dissasemble the instrument group to get to it. I am really dissappointed with the SMs today. Don't know if this is just a Nissan thing, but I have OEM SMs for older vehicles that have a lot more detail. Now, no parts lists, very little if any theory of operation and it reads more like a VCR manual than a service manual. But I can understand it in a way.

Speaking of parts lists, does anyone know how to get the parts list for the Murano?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I actually bought the parts list from ebay, about 2 months ago. Cost was $3 I think. It lists every part for the Murano, except for powertrain components (engine, transmission etc..). It has dealer prices for all parts as well as part numbers. I believe it came from the book the dealer uses and they are the actual pages, not photocopies.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Eric L. said:
I actually bought the parts list from ebay, about 2 months ago. Cost was $3 I think. It lists every part for the Murano, except for powertrain components (engine, transmission etc..). It has dealer prices for all parts as well as part numbers. I believe it came from the book the dealer uses and they are the actual pages, not photocopies.

going, going, gone............

i'll letcha know about the pricelist.......

thnx for the tip!

this forum rocks!!

SMS

1 - 20 of 136 Posts