Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter where you buy your car in terms of servicing your car later? I have a dealer that has the exact model I want who is about 40 miles away. I don't want to get it serviced there, can I go to my local dealer, and will I receive the same amount of attention as someone who purchased at the local dealer?
Thanks!

·
Registered
781 Posts
You can buy from wherever you'd like and have it serviced wherever you'd like.

I had service done on ours in Florida - we bought it in Chicago.

Any dealership will gladly take your money.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I recently switched where I get my service, because I got better service at a dealer where I didn't buy it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The Nissan warranty for new U.S. vehicles and the Nissan authorized extended warranty are valid at any Nissan dealership in the United States. You are free to buy at whichever U.S. dealer you wish and have warranty service at any other U.S. dealer. Just make sure that if you buy any type of extended warranty plan that it is, in fact, the manufacturer authorized plan. Some dealers will sell their own dealer-specific service plan which limits your ability to search elsewhere for service under that plan.

In fact, I found that the place I bought my 2001 Oldsmobile was crappy for service and that another dealer closer to me (which stunk for sales) was awesome at service.

If you buy in another country (e.g., Canada) and try for service in the U.S., however, there may be issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can someone explain the security plus plans to me. I have the gold preferred and it looks like an extended warranty. I am just wondering if it is worth the $1500 or not. Is the Murano going have a major fail before 100k that makes this worth while or not?

Thanks for any advice or opinions you can give.

kga

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
kga said:
Can someone explain the security plus plans to me. I have the gold preferred and it looks like an extended warranty. I am just wondering if it is worth the $1500 or not. Is the Murano going have a major fail before 100k that makes this worth while or not?

Thanks for any advice or opinions you can give.

kga
It is unlikely the Murano will have a major problem that specifically occurs between 60,000 and 100,000 miles. The CVT appears to have held up very well and the initial string of bad CVT sensors seems to have disappeared now. So I would not worry about it, but if you must have the peace of mind, then try to negotiate a better price for the Nissan Extended Warranty - $1500 is kind of high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts