Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my 30k service myself this past weekend, and managed to change every fluid except for the front transfer and rear differential. I was wondering if anyone *who has already done this themselves* has any tips.

Here's the problem. In neither case could I remove the fill plug. The front transfer fill bolt is about 1-1/2" from one of the precats - not enough room to get even a ratcheting wrench into place to get any leverage - also tried every single angle socket and pivoting extension tool I had, no dice. The rear fill bolt is likewise 1-1/2" from the rear suspension member, and neither my allen wrench or allen socket will fit there. Stupid design.

I even had my two bottles of Amsoil 80w90 with a handy tube fluid pump at the ready. Grrrr.......

Now I'm not sure how the dealer will tackle it, but I might have them give it a try. *Nervous*

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Did you change your CVT fluid?

I didn't even try chaning the transfer or diff myself... just brought it to the dealer. I could ask how they did it and report back. :2:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonzo said:
Did you change your CVT fluid?

I didn't even try chaning the transfer or diff myself... just brought it to the dealer. I could ask how they did it and report back. :2:
See my other post on changing CVT fluid in Maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts