Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Mo on the way home form work Fri stalled and the SES light went on. I restarted and the light is still on. Seems to be driving OK. I do not have a scan tool and have not checked the code but I am concerned that it had a stall as well. Any ideas what might be casing this? I am bringing it to the Nissan service tom to be checked but want to be prepared.
I have the SM btw and I am not sure that there is specific inof about this inther, but if anyone can point me somewhere in there that would be great too.
BTW it is a '04 with 14k miles

Thanks for the assist

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
hi there,
i had the SAME issue. drove pretty well but SES light was on. ended out the problem with tranny.... nissan techs recommended to replace the TCM... transmission control module.....

i hope it is the same issue with yours (or not at all)

but also, check your gas cap ... make sure its tightly closed.... also check your engine oil cover.... just make sure they are closed and then drive around in your MO..... if the light doesnt go off, its something else...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:
hi there,
i had the SAME issue. drove pretty well but SES light was on. ended out the problem with tranny.... nissan techs recommended to replace the TCM... transmission control module.....

i hope it is the same issue with yours (or not at all)

but also, check your gas cap ... make sure its tightly closed.... also check your engine oil cover.... just make sure they are closed and then drive around in your MO..... if the light doesnt go off, its something else...
The "Engine Control System" chapter of the FSM shows you how to pull the code, if you don't want to wait for the dealer's diagnosis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts