·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Wow A new opportunity for terrorists

:3:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey fellow Mo owners, First time I've posted in a while but here goes my similiar problem......
Two weeks ago my SES light came on and I went straight to the dealer to get it checked out. 60,000 miles-no problems except for this annoying SES light. Anyway the dealer rep says," hey you got a K&N filter installed don't you?". I tell him "yeah I installed it 4,000 miles ago during my scheduled Mobile synth. oil change". He says,"well the oil solution that the filter uses has contaminated your AIR FLOW SENSOR and thats the failure we see on the MIL light". When I asked him how much to fix it and install a new "sensor", I almost choked on my bubble gum.....$546.97. :16:
This Air Flow sensor or Mass flow sensor is located on the intake tube right next to where the air filter is installed on the MO. Two screws is all that secures this deviced that resembles a "cigarette lighter". I've never heard of K&N filters causing air flow sensor failures, maybe he's b_llsh_tting me.
I told the service rep to give me back my friggin car, right now, and if I wanted to get mugged, I'll ride the subways.
Later that day i went on this forum to see how to retrieve the code off of the ses light. Well it blinks 3-1-2-7.
The MO starts and rides fine.
Here's my question....can anyone tell me what 3-1-2-7 means??
Any info would be greatly appreciated.......:4:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
yeah my TP sensor crapped out on me also. after 2 visits the dealer finally replaced it after loads of argueing and research. unfortunatly the error code you posted does not exist(codes don't go higher than 2138). it's probably 1273 which is a code for A/F sensor(air/fuel) try pulling the code up again. AS SOON AS it starts blinking you have to be ready to start counting.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
K&N specifically said their air filters will NOT void vehicle warranty. I would try to get a written note from Nissan stating that it was caused by the K&N filter then go after K&N. Between Nissan and K&N, one of them should absorb the $546.97.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My throttle body or Af sensor can't remember which one it was was changed at 38.000 miles however i bought my Mo second hand from a dealer and they replaced it under warranty , i did not have any ses light or anything my problem was when re starting the engine at running temperature the car would stall and not hold idle unless i accelerated once and then it would idle normally and no problem when starting up in morning on cold start

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nissanlove, I thought I was reading it correctly. When the ses light starts going thru the "blinking" cycle, there is a considerable pause then it binks 3 times then 1(once) then 2(twice) then and finally 7 times.
In any case, I bought a brand-new sensor for $220, installed it myself (two screws to remove) and the SES light came back on after two days....Maybe I should have replaced the whole throttle body:3:

I did remove the negative battery terminal before I attempted this install.
I'm at a lost and out of ideas.... :8:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
that's strange. like i said it could possibly be the air fuel sensor. when i get the error codes going my ses light starts blinking right away and usually i miss it the first time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Service Engine soon light just after fillup

It sounds like there are a few people out there with the same problem as I'm having. I have a 05 Murano SE AWD. At 22,000 miles my service engine soon light came on just after a fill up. I took it to the dealer and they said that it was a bad
Throttle Body Actuator. It was replaced under warranty and I thought I was done with that problem. Just last week, the EXACT same thing happened. I filled up my gas tank, then drove the car home and parked it. 2 days later I drove it again and go the service engine soon light. Its at the dealer now and I'm wondering if its the Throttle Body Actuator again. Its a little frustrating because the car only has 30,000 miles on it now.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Re: My Service Engine soon light just after fillup

mgeuss said:
It sounds like there are a few people out there with the same problem as I'm having. I have a 05 Murano SE AWD. At 22,000 miles my service engine soon light came on just after a fill up. I took it to the dealer and they said that it was a bad
Throttle Body Actuator. It was replaced under warranty and I thought I was done with that problem. Just last week, the EXACT same thing happened. I filled up my gas tank, then drove the car home and parked it. 2 days later I drove it again and go the service engine soon light. Its at the dealer now and I'm wondering if its the Throttle Body Actuator again. Its a little frustrating because the car only has 30,000 miles on it now.
Just to be safe, do your own diagnostics and read the code(s) out yourself to confirm what the dealer finds. The procedure is simple, and explained step by step in the on board diagnostic (OBD) system section of the service manual.

For my 04 SE AWD, this procedure is in the EC (engine control system) section on page EC-64. Should be in a similar place for your 05.

You can then erase the code, and see if it returns. It might just be a fluke. That's what happened to me several years ago. I erased a 2135 diagnostic trouble code (DTC) indicating a throttle position sensor problem, and it never returned.

·
Registered
185 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
14 Participants
MuranoSL2003
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing