Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just know I'm a dummy for asking this but...

I have a 2004 SL AWD (Canadian), two weeks old and I cannot figure out the Settings routine. I push the button and scroll through Display, Language, Beep set,Service alert until I get to Personalized Setting Menu. It tells me to scroll down using the joystick for the menu and I get... nothing. Except a beep.

I can't get into any of the functions described in the manual - there are about a dozen : remote door lock logic, lights flash with remote, etc. The joystick does nothing except beep in every direction. Same with the 'Enter ' button. .

Is the SL not equipped with these adjustable features? Part of my confusion stems from having a SE for a few days on an extended test, I can remember fooling around with the joystick.

Does the joystick have any function at all on the SL? I'm not aware of any other adjustments made with it. Or is this function not working on mine.

Help....

·
Registered
758 Posts
bruno

try pusshing up on the joystick. I seem to recall that mine stated to push down and I got nothing, but when I went in the reverse direction the adjustment menu's appeared.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try that, it just beeps in every direction, no change on screen either. Pushing the enter button also does nothing, no beep though.

·
4,664 Posts
It almost sounds like there might be an issue with your beeping joystick. I'd say you're doing the right things, but it isn't.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the car was moving it is normal not to get into the menu but beep. safety reason i guess.
If the car was stand still, then it might be the sensor problem of detecting whether car is stop or not.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Can you click on anything at all? you cannot scroll whatsoever? Because even a car that is mobile still has a few options on the nav menus...do you have the 'short' menus on? if you turn that off there are a lot more options available to you...just a guess.

·
Registered
129 Posts
On the Canadian 03 SL the joystick only changes some setting after you press the setting button beside it. It really does not have much function.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Don't know about the Canadian SL, but on my US SE, you also need to make sure that the "Short Menus" button is not highlighted. If it is, you get a much more limited display of options to change. If it is not highlighted, you get the full detailed list of changable items.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Jumping onto the dogpile here....

Make sure the key is "on" and that the car is in park. Then see if you can get where you need to be. I recall that mine told me to scroll down and like the others have already said, I had to scroll up to get to the menus.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I thought I'd toss my $0.02 in.

Dave

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
joystick

I'll try to clarify

I have a '04, SL AWD, no NAV, Canadian version.

I press the settings button and it scrolls through menu choices as it should, one after the other. When I get to the 'Personalized Settings" menu, the display tells me to use the joystick to access other choices (about a dozen listed in the manual). The joystick does not access anything for me, no matter which way I direct it. It does beep in every direction. The 'enter ' button on the joystick does nothing.

Two possibilities as I see it. Either the '04 SL does not have these dozen or so functions in the 'Personalized Settings" menu, or it is not working properly.

Does anybody else have a '04 SL? Could they check for me and see if they have these menu functions? If they do, back to the dealer....

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an '04 SL MO and these personalize setting are fully functional on my MO.
Your right, back to the dealer u go.
Sorry Bro!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Okay, dumb question, but where is the "short menu" on the 03's? When I press the joystick, all I get is the seat exit, the beep setting, and service alerts. Is that all on an 03?

Our '04 Quest has what I assume is the same as the '04 Murano where you can adjust the light delay, speed sensitive wipers, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hope this help...

make sure the car is not running.
have the key turn on the "on" position, otherwise you can only access the regular menu, not the personalized menu.

this way you can access the personalized menu such as headlights, flash, beeps.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
My MO, 04-SL-no NAV. I have hit this snag the first few times fooling around with it. After moving down the menu when I reach the Personal settings, I have to move the joystick up, each up-click advances to all the somewhat useless settings. I suppose if you don't want the horn to not chirp when locking the door or if you find it imperitive to change the solar sensitivity detecting unit to turn on and off ther auto headlights, well maybe they are not useless just something you look at once and hardley go back to. Try moving the joystick UP after the personal settings as was suggested by Dave and PCS-15394.
Bob1

·
Registered
27 Posts
Guys, my 2 cents on this one.

I have a CDN '03 SE without NAV.
The only Personalised Settings I have is:
- Slide back DR seat on exit
- Return all Settings to default

Even the manual on page 4-6 supports these limited options.

Any other options must be on the NAV or 2004 versions.

Does anyone else with an '03 (SL or SE) non-Nav have more options?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a non-Nav '03, US version. According to the onwers manual and the many attempts by me, the Personal settings are limited to the drivers seat and beep settings and default mode. To change the auto-headlight delay, go to the dealer. To change remote locking honk/no honk, use key fob. The other settings must be on '04's.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Settings

Bruno has an 04 Murano which should have the Personalized settings for Headlights off delay, Headlight sensitivity, etc... The 03's did not have this function without going to dealer and having them adjust via shop computer.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Re: Settings

pcs15394 said:
Bruno has an 04 Murano which should have the Personalized settings for Headlights off delay, Headlight sensitivity, etc... The 03's did not have this function without going to dealer and having them adjust via shop computer.
I didn't know that it was discovered that the dealer can do this? How long does it take? Is it as simple as updating a BIOS on a computer?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Snow Mo

I had read somewhere either here or FA that the 03 Mo could be hooked up to Consult II tool and make these adjustments. If I was wrong I apologize. Just found a similar post from last year:
Auto Lights off timer

1 - 20 of 32 Posts