Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2003 Nissan Murano, 82,XXX miles on it. The third day after driving it off the lot I took the family to cruise around the island, while driving home on the freeway about 60 mph up a slight hill, the car starts shaking a little, and seconds later the car is vibrating to where I can feel it in my face. Then unfortunately, the "service engine soon" light starts blinking. The car would shake more when stepping on the gas pedal, than letting off the gas or trying to break. The dealer, who sold it to us as-is, is willing to take a look at it and refund me, only if the engine is bad. Can anyone tell me what possible issues this car may be having? ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If your service engine light comes on, it’s not the transmission. Read the codes or have them read. Check the boot between the mass air sensor and the throttle body. Takes 5 minutes to remove and inspect for cracks. It must be removed to see the cracks.
Then look at the torque strut on the passenger side between the engine and firewall. If the rubber has perished your motor mounts should be inspected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts