Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing vibrations when accelarating from stop while making a turn typically when getting out of driveways or making a right/left/U turn in a signal while accelarating. The vibration is somewhat similar to ABS vibrations sometimes stronger than that (similar to wheel slipping when AWD is turned on and you make a sharp turn).

This happens when VDC is on and AWD is off. Is this common in AWD models or is it due to wheel balancing. I do not feel much vibrations when driving straight.

The vibrations are subtle when the VDC is off.

Is this normal iin AWD models (though not using AWD lock) or should I rush to a dealer ?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Have you ever driven a 4WD vehicle (in 4wd mode) on dry pavement? Is it that kind of vibration, or something less, when your turning?

What your describing almost sounds like the AWD is locked in the on position and that is specifically noted in the owner's manual as a damaging practice.

I'd think I'd get it to a dealer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWD is not locked in the ON position. However the feeling to similar to that but I would say about 40% of that. I think I better take it to the dealer.

I have felt some similar vibrations on my friend's honda pilot (though I wasn't driving), with the AWD lock off.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Vibration at low speed (turning out of driveway) definitely not wheel balance... must be related to FWD differential problem...should be dealer checked...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. When I took it in I was told that the AWD was coming on randomly. The button was not pushed and the light did not come on. Nissan replaced the rear end yesterday. I would take it in.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
If you are attempting to accelerate a bit quickly, this could be wheel spin. It is very easy to spin one front wheel while accelerating and turning sharp, even if you have AWD (as I do).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts