Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody added some extra security to their MO? I was thinking about shaved door handles and use the new alarm to open and lock the doors. My only fear would be a dead remote battery and not being able to get in. Any advice?

·
Registered
631 Posts
SGT said:
Has anybody added some extra security to their MO? I was thinking about shaved door handles and use the new alarm to open and lock the doors. My only fear would be a dead remote battery and not being able to get in. Any advice?
Sure, the same way the would-be theives would get in -- through the glass! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
When you shave the handles you usually put in some sort of back up method for popping the doors. Usually a button hidden somewhere around the car (this button just pops the door, it does not unlock). The other option is a mechanical setup, which covers you in case the battery in the car dies.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Run a heavy set of wires and install an auxilury power input somewhere under the front bumper of the MO where you can plug in or connect an external battery if the car battery dies. Also install an inline 50 amp or so fuse to make sure it will not create a short circuit if you get into a fender bender in that area.

·
4,664 Posts
I didn't know they got hairy...;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts