Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without rambling on again my WHOLE story (like I did in the dealer survey), I warn against going to this dealership. I had test driven the MO twice and came back in late Oct. 2005 WITH A CHECK to get the car. No loan needed. I got some rookie, possibly not-even-a-salesguy who tried to sell me the late model year DEMO car for sticker. Ummmm....no. Then, he looks at my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition V8/leather/NAV/4WD/tow package and proceeds to insult my vehicle, while he's "evaluating it" for trade-in. Nice. So, after wasting a bit more time with this jerk, I left. I call the manager of the dealership. He tells me to come in and speak with him personally. I do, and he assigns me a much better sales guy. So I buy the car. Of course, by the time I get into the finance office to sign the paperwork and write the check, the conversation I had with the manager got "lost in translation" and they tried to jimmy the numbers on me. But of course, at this point, all the paperwork was printed. To top it all off, I get the car, which has now been prepped/cleaned for delivery to me, in the dark at this point, and take it home. The next morning I get in the vehicle and it is filthy (it was the manager's demo vehicle). There was trash tucked everywhere, PILLS on the rear floor, a plastic piece missing from one side way underneath the lower front bumper (which I found thrown in the cargo area with the spare tire). I call, and take it in for a detail and it came back somwhat cleaner, but with trash still in the cell phone holder compartment. Which I had to literally HAND OFF to my salesguy, who was standing right there. Needless to say, not going back to this dealership anytime soon, and will be looking for another dealer in my area to perform any service I may need. By the time all these things added up, from the cruddy "dealings" to the state of the vehicle, I was fed up. OK, so I rambled. But please, avoid the Sheehy chain of dealerships in the Washington DC/Baltimore metro areas!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Murf Mo said:
Without rambling on again my WHOLE story (like I did in the dealer survey), I warn against going to this dealership. I had test driven the MO twice and came back in late Oct. 2005 WITH A CHECK to get the car. No loan needed. I got some rookie, possibly not-even-a-salesguy who tried to sell me the late model year DEMO car for sticker. Ummmm....no. Then, he looks at my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition V8/leather/NAV/4WD/tow package and proceeds to insult my vehicle, while he's "evaluating it" for trade-in. Nice. So, after wasting a bit more time with this jerk, I left. I call the manager of the dealership. He tells me to come in and speak with him personally. I do, and he assigns me a much better sales guy. So I buy the car. Of course, by the time I get into the finance office to sign the paperwork and write the check, the conversation I had with the manager got "lost in translation" and they tried to jimmy the numbers on me. But of course, at this point, all the paperwork was printed. To top it all off, I get the car, which has now been prepped/cleaned for delivery to me, in the dark at this point, and take it home. The next morning I get in the vehicle and it is filthy (it was the manager's demo vehicle). There was trash tucked everywhere, PILLS on the rear floor, a plastic piece missing from one side way underneath the lower front bumper (which I found thrown in the cargo area with the spare tire). I call, and take it in for a detail and it came back somwhat cleaner, but with trash still in the cell phone holder compartment. Which I had to literally HAND OFF to my salesguy, who was standing right there. Needless to say, not going back to this dealership anytime soon, and will be looking for another dealer in my area to perform any service I may need. By the time all these things added up, from the cruddy "dealings" to the state of the vehicle, I was fed up. OK, so I rambled. But please, avoid the Sheehy chain of dealerships in the Washington DC/Baltimore metro areas!
I got my murano from Sheehy Nissan of Annapolis back in 2003.
The buying experience was pretty good in my opinion. They are also one of Nissan dealerships that received the "1" award from Nissan for service and satisfaction. Service is not too bad as well. I have never been to the other sheehy nissan so I cant vouched.
Again, their performance and service may have been degraded from the last time I buy...

Funny thing is, remember when the 1millionth Nissan customer got her car for free from Nissan North America? It happens exactly at that same dealership and the deal was closed by the same sales manager that sold me the murano....go figure! :4:

Read about the news here

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If you are really dissatisfied with your car, I believe that you have three days to return it. Imagine the service you would get when you try to return it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
biggun said:
If you are really dissatisfied with your car, I believe that you have three days to return it. Imagine the service you would get when you try to return it. :eek:
That varies state by state. I don't know about MD but I don't think we have that here in CA...:3:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks SugarRush...I may try going to the Annapolis Sheehy for any future service (like re-installing my very rattle-y shifter console panel).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry about your poor experience, Murf Mo. I purchased a 2006 Murano, SE, at Sheehy Nissan, Glen Burnie, this past Saturday and it was a very pleasant experience. I have purchased more than ten new cars in my life and I can tell you this was one of the most comfortable purchases I have ever made. The salesman was very young, but very knowledgeable and explained everything – including the very complicated navigational system – very thoroughly. I received a fair trade-in value on my 94 Cougar, and negotiated what I considered a good purchase price. The only thing I was disappointed in was that the process took longer than I expected, but considering it was a busy Saturday, and the fact that they sold seven new cars that day, it was understandable. I would not hesitate to recommend this dealer!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Murf Mo said:
I got some rookie, possibly not-even-a-salesguy who tried to sell me the late model year DEMO car for sticker.

The next morning I get in the vehicle and it is filthy (it was the manager's demo vehicle).
Did the price you paid reflect the fact that you bought a used car, ie a demo ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first salesman I encounted said no, there was no consideration for the fact it was a demo. He just kept repeating himself, no matter what I said. That's when I just got plain mad and left. Ridiculous. When I went back a second time and talked to the manager, they took some $ off for the demo, but wouldn't consider it a "used vehicle" as per KBB or pricing standards. I then had them take more $ off for the DVD and XM, since these were 2 features I definitely did not want/need. But when I got the to the finance guy's office, of course, the guy didn't give me the price negotiated with the manager. Can't wait to take the Mo back for the rattle fixes and the recalls. NOT. I might have to take it to Annapolis instead.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Murf

Sorry about your trouble. Maybe a good time to voice your concerns may be when the dealership is full of customers.

Also, for some reason, my Service people are petrified of the surveys that they are rated on. I used the service survey as a tool to get my loose shifter knob replaced with a brand new one after haggling with the SM for quite some time. I was told that unless all questions are rated superior on the survey, that's the only way they can achieve %100 satisfaction. According to my SM, just answering 1 question as very good rated them as a %75. When my SM asked me what he could do to make sure that he got %100, I said repair or replace the shifter. I even got a call from his boss. Now I am happy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thanks for the tips. I have a loose shifter and/or loose shifter console panel (makes a weird rattle that I can only recreate by tapping one of my silver or gold rings against something faux metal). I am planning to call the service dept soon to have all my rattles fixed, plus the upcoming recalls. I will tell them at some point, that I'd be willing to rate them highest on the survey if all problems get fixed. Excellent tip on how to leverage the survey. Thanks again!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Caveat Emptor

So was there one or two metric tons of trash in the tiny cell phone compartment? :D

What I don't understand is why didn't you look at the car you were spending thousands of dollars on before leaving the dealers lot? I just doubled checked my MO, and none of the controls are in braille. :p

I crawled all over mine before leaving the lot... and found some dried sticky drink spillage under the drivers cup holder that I had them clean then and there.

But you are right, I'd be beyond pissed if I found my interior "trashed" when I got mine home... and a part missing from the bumper??? :3:

I would have stomped into the dealership, yelled for the manager, and tossed him the keys across the room and asked for my money back just shy of screaming... completely lacking any signs of refinement. ... and NO, even if they fixed the problems, I would not care, I would have gotten my money back before I'd leave.

I got my 2004 SL from Cherryhill NJ Nissan and do not have a single problem after one week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only one metric ton! :p

I had been there for over 2 hours, after work, and it was dark (and halloween!). I just wanted to get the car, and get home, eat dinner, feed the dogs, start perusing the various manuals, yada, yada. They had supposedly sent it to be washed and cleaned while I paid for it, which of course, I found out the next day, in the light, that that in fact, did not happen. Most of the trash was tucked away, between seats, seats and doors in cupholder, cell holder, under the front seats, etc.

I made an immediate phone call and demanded the car be thoroughly detailed and the plastic bumper thingy (technical term here) be installed ASAP. They did oblige and my sales guy was great (sooo much better than the first schmuck I had). Of course, they are obliging to you because they know you haven't gotten the survey yet to fill out! Oh boy, and did I ever fill that survey out

I do love my MO...I had 2 Jeep Grand Cherokees since 2000 and the MO is much better in many ways (although I miss knowing I could just go up and over something like in the Jeep!). As soon as I get the rattles fixed and this apparently very ugly fuel shield put on, I will be a most happy camper. No stomping necessary! :2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts