Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, Shell started a marketing campaign claiming better that better mileage can be achieved using their product. Has anybody experienced that “improvement”.

·
4,664 Posts
Better milage than what, using what? When they don't define it, it means nothing.... For all we know, their marketing dept says you get better milage than pouring scotch in your tank.

Do you have details? I haven't heard/seen the ad's yet.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in tv commercials, and in magazine adds, they claim that "you can travel farther on Shell gasoline". They also claim that they performed tests according to EPA rules and they can prove it.

·
4,664 Posts
Maybe they give details on their website.... It would be interesting to know what and how as well as how much....

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Reading the Shell press release, it says you get approximately 1% better mileage with Shell. Woohoo. 1%. The commercial on TV shows 3 Impalas, and the yellow Shell one drives farther. The funny thing I kept on thinking is that it can go 1% farther, and from where those cars were driving, even the Shell Impala with its 1% extra range (what's that, maybe 3 or 4 miles) can't turn around and have enough gas to get back to a gas station since it was driving on some deserted cliffside road.

The shell in my town charges more than everyone else. 1% increase in gas mileage should be a 1 or 2 cent difference, but Shell charges approx 5-7 cents more per gallon than the Mobil or BP.

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
Eric L. said:
Reading the Shell press release, it says you get approximately 1% better mileage with Shell. Woohoo. 1%. The commercial on TV shows 3 Impalas, and the yellow Shell one drives farther. The funny thing I kept on thinking is that it can go 1% farther, and from where those cars were driving, even the Shell Impala with its 1% extra range (what's that, maybe 3 or 4 miles) can't turn around and have enough gas to get back to a gas station since it was driving on some deserted cliffside road.

The shell in my town charges more than everyone else. 1% increase in gas mileage should be a 1 or 2 cent difference, but Shell charges approx 5-7 cents more per gallon than the Mobil or BP.
1% !!!! I can achieve that... and more.....(if I quit stomping on the gas pedal. :D)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Engineers

They have to keep the engineers busy.

Research is important. If you come up with nothing, keep going. Research got us to the higher fuel economy ratings of today.

I saw a 1957 Chevy at a show the other day. His fuel consumption is "10.00 per hour on a road trip."

·
4,664 Posts
Finally saw the commercial... I knew the yellow car was going to win, 'cause it's Shell...

I agree 1% is a joke... More Marketing BS.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could not agree more. .........mean the BS...............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts