Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
IMO, it's a PITA getting stuff from Canada to the US.

The only thing I ordered from a Canadian company was the cloud rider bumper screen and between the taxes, shipping hassles, and the extra time, I'd only do it again if I had no other (statseside) choice.

No to be fair, it's entirely possible other Canadian companies will do better..............

This question might be better answered by some of our friends north of the border to get their perspective about moving stuff from the US to Canada?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've been ordering vehicle and motorcycle items from the US regularly for years now and it is a challenge. I primarily order from the states because the item simply isn't available in Canada.

However the situation occasionally arises when a product can be purchased cheaper including currency exchange, shipping and handling fees.

Shipping is the most frustrating purchase issue. My experience is that the postal service is far cheaper than the courier companies. The couriers tend to pad their service with exorbitant brokerage fees that are completely undeserving as these are in addition to the shipping charge.

The post office charges a flat fee for handling but there is no package tracking available for regular service such as the couriers offer.

Derek, I did purchase my grille from an Ebay seller that ships to Canada (doesn't have an auction currently so I can't link). With Ebay, I always email the seller to ask if they will ship to Canada, sometimes the auction says US only but this is a default and they may be willing to send it . Also, I always confirm actual shipping charges before auction close so there can be no disputes.

It is a time consuming process ordering out of country but can produce rewarding results. In addition to the grille my recent MO purchases include wheels from Ebay and tires from a retailer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts