Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know good shocks that would fit the murano. I want somthing better then the oem. I looked up alot of part sites but could only find brands that are a hit and miss in quality. I couldnt find any direct fit parts only universal parts. Also when changing the back shocks do you have to change the springs as well. The front are struts(shock+spring) combo.

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
Stick with OEM or a brand name that makes a version for the Murano.

You only need to replace springs if you've developed a sag from carrying excessive weight or towing. If that's the case, you should find a spring shop and they can advise you on a dual zone spring (The top of the spring is softer and wound closer to soften the ride with bottom 2/3's a stiffer coil to carry weight.) that will carry more weigh without really affecting the ride.

Other then that you can add air lift bags to the rear springs.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Pilgrim

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
I agree with Paul Day.

I also can note that options are limited for the Murano, especially performance options, because this is an everyday crossover SUV, not a vehicle really marketed to performance oriented drivers.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
I installed the KYBs on my 07 and thought they felt similar to OEM. That was good as far as I'm concerned, as the handling was fine in stock form.

The Murano isn't a performance vehicle and there isn't much out there for it in terms of shocks and suspension.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I installed the KYBs on my 07 and thought they felt similar to OEM. That was good as far as I'm concerned, as the handling was fine in stock form.

The Murano isn't a performance vehicle and there isn't much out there for it in terms of shocks and suspension.
Hi
Did you also replace the Sprigs too? mine also went bad ( according to mechanic) he says KYB is good. was wondering if i need to replaces the springs too or just the shock absorber is enough. also another question.. Do i need to take the old OEM shock absorbers home with me? sometimes mechanics keep them.
Thanks

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
I've never replaced springs. However, I believe there is a "loaded" option which provides struts with shocks and springs assembled.

What would you do with old shock absorbers?? Plant them in the flower bed? :oops:

Reactions: sistermoon2500

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've never replaced springs. However, I believe there is a "loaded" option which provides struts with shocks and springs assembled.

What would you do with old shock absorbers?? Plant them in the flower bed? :oops:
Thx for the reply. are there anyway to spot fake KYB shocks?
And to keep the old one in case new ones are worse so i can replace with old ones thx

·
Premium Member
Oct 2010 Ti Australian Model (Manufactured Japan)
146 Posts
My new ones failed soon after replacement of old, glad I had kept my old, cos they were able to be to reused until I got some replacement good new for bad new.
Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts