Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the four tires on my 12' Murano at Costco around April 2018.
The tires are MICHELIN PREMIER LTX 235/65R18 106H BSW ALL SE.

Now under 2 years with about 22K miles, the tread depth is only about 1/32 ~ 2/32.

I am wondering if this is normal? Or did I chose the bad tires?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Are they worn evenly, or is there more wear on the inner/outer edges? What is your driving style?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like they were worn evenly. I measured the inner, outer and middle tread depth, and they are almost the same.
I also did the rotations at Costco.

I think I am a normal driver (no fast accelerations or quick brakes). There's no off-road driving. Just some road trips (normally, 2days ~800 highway miles)
I live in Montana, so there's snow conditions in winter times.

·
Super Moderator
8,069 Posts
Michelins usually last longer than that. Might be worth checking Tirerack and DIscount Tire online to see if you have a model that tends to wear out faster.

If the wear is even, and you've rotated them appropriately every 5K miles, I don't have a better answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michelins usually last longer than that. Might be worth checking Tirerack and DIscount Tire online to see if you have a model that tends to wear out faster.

If the wear is even, and you've rotated them appropriately every 5K miles, I don't have a better answer.
Ok. I took a look at the reviews on tirerack. There are several claims the tires are worn out at 20K~30K miles. And it got 4.9/10 on Treadwear Performance.
I guess I'll see if Costco will honor any kind of tread life warranty.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,069 Posts
Ok. I took a look at the reviews on tirerack. There are several claims the tires are worn out at 20K~30K miles. And it got 4.9/10 on Treadwear Performance.
I guess I'll see if Costco will honor any kind of tread life warranty.
Thanks.
I'm surprised that the Michelins didn't last longer, but your mileage seems to reinforce the experience that others have had. Good idea to see if Costco will help. Otherwise, something learned. I tend to always check online reviews before buying, as this is not totally unusual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm surprised that the Michelins didn't last longer, but your mileage seems to reinforce the experience that others have had. Good idea to see if Costco will help. Otherwise, something learned. I tend to always check online reviews before buying, as this is not totally unusual.
Indeed a lesson learned. I'll definitely check the reviews before buying my next set of tires.
Costco said I was supposed to get 4 rotations, however I only have 3. So it's unlikely I'll get the warranty.
I am also surprised to find that the Michelin warranty on this tire is 60k miles.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I would call michelin and find out before going to costco. They are the one warrantying the tread life not costco. Pretty sure they will honor some warranty if you only got 25K out of 60k in 2 years. So long the tires have even wear on all 4. No bad tire wear due to alignment or suspension issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts