Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had a look today under my car little bit and recognise some darker area around this part of the car but no leak or puddles ever since I bought it also transmission levels are good and engine oils are good what part of car is that. Should I be worried and twisting my brains ??? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
To me it looks like something from above dripped on it... Have you checked your valve covers for leaks? It's a common issue with 1st gen Muranos.

Reactions: NissanXTC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The whole front will be inspected on the 13th of august by an professional mechanic and hopefully it’s nothing to do with transmission also inner tie rod cv joint is ripped :/ but good news got new tyres put on today so one thing feels good at the moment

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To me it looks like something from above dripped on it... Have you checked your valve covers for leaks? It's a common issue with 1st gen Muranos.
Your probably right I guess because when I changed oil I had lost some or burned it drived 8k miles and some of it went missing now it’s on good level.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It looks like either a seepage leak or perhaps some fluid was spilled there as MuranoSL2003 suggested--you could verify by cleaning it up well with engine degreaser and seeing if it returns. In any event, if it is a seepage leak then it's not something to be terribly alarmed about in a 1st generation Murano. As long as the CVT fluid level is kept within specifications, it should be no more than a minor nuisance.

Reactions: NissanXTC

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
It also looks dry and old in the photo -- have you tried wiping it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It also looks dry and old in the photo -- have you tried wiping it?
Yes it it’s dry and when u rub it’s Sandy dust appears on ur finger. I mean it’s nearly 13th august going for full service and check will let u know what this could be thanks for some info!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts