Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dealer today (So. Cal.) getting my 7500 mile maintenance when they said that Nissan will have Engineers on site next week for three days and they are looking for 30 2004 Muranos to download the main computer data from to see how the 04s are performing. They say that it should take less than an hour and for the inconvenience they are offering a $100 gift card to participate.

Now, in a way I admire Nissan for collecting field data, but my cynical side makes me wonder if they think something is wrong.

I'm looking for advice on whether or not there's a risk that they can screw anything up doing this data dump. My MO has been running great so far and I don't want to risk having problems for a $100 gift card.

What do you think?

Thanks,
jimmymac

·
4,601 Posts
Hmmm... First thought that comes to mind is the data would be good for them to have, however, why don't they just collect it as cars come in for regular service?

A download I would think, could be done in a few minutes. An hour seems long, unless it's just to make sure it's available.

It would also be an opportunity for them to upload a new revision of firmware to see if that makes a difference, and they might want to call you in again, later.

One other thought, they delayed the release of the manual shift version of the transmission interface, so is yours one of these? I wonder if there were concerns about releasing this and they want to investigate how it's doing...

I'd like them to download mine.. Wow! 70 mph in L!

Of course, $100 would be nice...

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think I'd do it for the good of the community :)

It'd be interesting to see if any changes are made. Or maybe you'll be on a list (good/bad) of people they'll call for feedback.

If it were me - I'd do it.

·
4,601 Posts
Well, so much for that idea!

Maybe they're just wanting to know how things are going. I'd do it! $100 is always good for a new fog light, if a rock hits it... Unfortunately I know this first hand!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'd go for it. I'd also ask for feedbackas to how my numbers and data stacked up. Did they find any problems and such.
Bob1

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
You should do it, but I also think that your concerns are valid. When you go in, find out exactly what they are doing, and instruct them that they do NOT have permission to change ANYTHING without your consent first.

Let us know what happens!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts