Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Hey, thanks for the Bump! It made me go through and have a look, which was a really nice journey. All those great pets!

And I didn't post the reason for the sign on my side door...

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
On the left, asserting her dominance in the world of dogs. (While the rest of us chuckle....) Not bad for a 14 year old! She's still very active and smart, but the hearing's not so great.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
jaak, your pic reminded me of Rosie, she's only half your dogs age but seems to have the same personality. We've been dogsitting her for the past 2-3 summers for 6 weeks at a time when her owners go on an extended road trip from Las Vegas to Minneapolis, MN. She goes home next week.

MKevin3, that is one cool cat--all serious like. I've got 7 of those myself.

Here's Rosie:

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
When I was a kid, I had a cocker spaniel named Dinah. She was a great dog and had adopted me as her offspring. She was born 3 months before me and ended up being my protector when I was a baby. Funny the bonds we get with our pets.

At the age of around ten, I was visiting family with my mother, in England and the news came that Dinah had been hit by a car. So I was pretty upset. The discussion came as to if we would get another dog. My mom didn't want another dog that shed fur, as she was sick of cleaning it up all the time. So it turned into a battle of "The next dog isn't going to shed fur all over the house, so it's a Poodle or nothing." and I was pretty firm "I don't want a sissy dog!" as I called it, at 10. I believed they were stupid yappy things and didn't want anything to do with them.

Well, I caved in eventually and we got a silver one we named Tigger. He looked a lot like our present dog.

Both have been incredibly intelligent dogs, neither bark without justification and they're a lot of fun. The present one is from a litter where they were all named after flowers. My wife wanted to keep the name so Poppy stuck. But there are days when I swear this dog thinks it's a cat. At first it surprised me what she can do, then I started thinking about how they use them as circus dogs.

But my favourite... I trained Poppy the poodle to bark, growl and bare her teeth, when I give the command "KILL!" Someone comes to the front door, and I give the command, they're either astonished or start laughing!

No mistake, she's a hunter, all 14 lbs of her. She killed a Jackrabbit, when she was around 6 months old. And she caught a Blue Jay, which we made her let go. The neighbourhood squirrels and birds stay clear, 'cause she'll stalk them and pounce, given a chance.

Poodles are funny. No one told them, they're not regular dogs. And I never have to vaccum the Murano after she's been in it!

Rosie's snout is a bit shorter than Poppy. She's got a long one. But other than that, they look very similar. The funny thing is, Poppy started off much darker and has lightened up over the years. She used to be apricot in colour!

I really like the standard Poodles. I had won run up to me, put his paws on my shoulders and look me straight in the eyes. They can be big dogs!

·
Registered
56 Posts
zeb, did your cat happen to go to the gas station today for a fill up today?

:2:

·
4,664 Posts
ROTFLMAO!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
zebelkhan...

zebelkhan said:

Yes..... And this was the attendant on duty....
I noticed from your avatar and pictures that you have an obsession on Felix Domesticus (aka=cats) :4:
What's up with that? :2:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Re: zebelkhan...

SugarRushMurano said:
I noticed from your avatar and pictures that you have an obsession on Felix Domesticus (aka=cats) :4:
What's up with that? :2:
I just love cats. My wife is allergic to them so this is as close as I can get.....:mad:

·
Registered
631 Posts
marc5 said:
here's bijou, a salt/pepper mini schnauzer
Very cute... I had a female salt&pepper mini schnauzer who was the funniest dog... she had more personality than most of the humans I know. Too bad the ex-girlfriend took her when she moved out.

It's funny... I've never been a small dog fan until I had that shnauzer... I'd get another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=39217&sc1=Search&feat=sr

The above link is to a teriffic electronic dog tag. It's normally $40, today you can get it for $7.95 delivered.

Here's a description, photo to follow..

This is the L.L.Bean Dog E-Tag Electronic Dog Tag for $8 Delivered from LLBean.com. Enter coupon code: 2282490 or 2274760 to get the dog tag with Free Shipping. Great price on a cool little gadget. Holds quite a bit of info and you could even offer a reward if someone finds your dog.

Electronic Dog Tag Features:

Carries all your dog�fs information in one place.
Stores multiple phone numbers, medical history & more.
Holds up to 40 lines; easy to program.
Electronic Dog Tag Description:

Store your dog�fs name, address, medical information and more in this digital dog tag. Holds multiple phone numbers and important details such as rabies vaccine certification, reward offers or your travel itinerary while on the road.

Accommodates up to 40 lines of information, 10 characters per line. Easy to program; update anytime. Durable, shockproof polycarbonate case, with stainless-steel backing and scratch-resistant lens. Water resistant. Back-lit display for visibility. Includes a watch-style battery and low-battery indicator. Instructions included. Approx. 1�� diam. Imported.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Nice find!

Mr3Putt said:
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=39217&sc1=Search&feat=sr

The above link is to a teriffic electronic dog tag. It's normally $40, today you can get it for $7.95 delivered.

Here's a description, photo to follow..

This is the L.L.Bean Dog E-Tag Electronic Dog Tag for $8 Delivered from LLBean.com. Enter coupon code: 2282490 or 2274760 to get the dog tag with Free Shipping. Great price on a cool little gadget. Holds quite a bit of info and you could even offer a reward if someone finds your dog.

Electronic Dog Tag Features:

Carries all your dog�fs information in one place.
Stores multiple phone numbers, medical history & more.
Holds up to 40 lines; easy to program.
Electronic Dog Tag Description:

Store your dog�fs name, address, medical information and more in this digital dog tag. Holds multiple phone numbers and important details such as rabies vaccine certification, reward offers or your travel itinerary while on the road.

Accommodates up to 40 lines of information, 10 characters per line. Easy to program; update anytime. Durable, shockproof polycarbonate case, with stainless-steel backing and scratch-resistant lens. Water resistant. Back-lit display for visibility. Includes a watch-style battery and low-battery indicator. Instructions included. Approx. 1�� diam. Imported.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts