Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to buy MO side mirror assembly with camera from Japan through a friend. Have to figure how to intergrate into my S'pore local fitted reverse camera LCD & GPS system. I need to contact the local installor about their system. If you have any idea about this Japan local market camera wiring please feedback and welcome your suggestion.

I took a few picture of the side mirror assembly. The side mirror come with heated mirror. Looking at the wiring, there are 6 wires for the camera alone. Here are the pictures:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Whats the purpose of side mirror cameras? Can't you just use the mirror? I want to know a way to be able to turn on the rear camera when I'm sitting at a red light, without putting it in reverse, and there is a hot chick behind me. Maybe even hook up a dvr so I can make my own video "Girls Gone Wild at Stop Lights"

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Frumunda Cheese said:
Whats the purpose of side mirror cameras? Can't you just use the mirror? I want to know a way to be able to turn on the rear camera when I'm sitting at a red light, without putting it in reverse, and there is a hot chick behind me. Maybe even hook up a dvr so I can make my own video "Girls Gone Wild at Stop Lights"
Helps you to see curb when parallel parking.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Frumunda Cheese said:
The side cameras are for those who don't know how to drive....:D

And the rear camera does not show the driver behind you, only the front of the car can be seen. For what you want to do get a webcam...:2:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Frumunda Cheese said:

LOL...:bonk:

NZM

·
Registered
252 Posts
sgpmo said:

I took a few picture of the side mirror assembly. The side mirror come with heated mirror. Looking at the wiring, there are 6 wires for the camera alone. Here are the pictures:
How much did these mirrors cost?

If the camera has 6 wires, I will try to guess what they are for.

1. power
2. ground
3. switched power
4. camera on switch
5. video feed
6. video feed 2??

Do you think Im on the right track?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Side mirror camera

bigdongers said:

1. power
2. ground
3. switched power
4. camera on switch
5. video feed
6. video feed 2??

Cost 56,000 yen + 5% sale tax.
I think you're close.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
biggun said:

Helps you to see curb when parallel parking.
You have got to be kidding!! Are the parking skills of drivers in Japan that poor that Nissan needs to install curb cameras to assist them in this simple task? Or is this simply an electronic gimmick? The rear camera is ridiculous enough, but now curb cameras? What's next, a front facing camera so you never have to look outside the car?

-njjoe

·
Registered
252 Posts
njjoe said:

Are the parking skills of drivers in Japan that poor that Nissan needs to install curb cameras to assist them in this simple task?
They do have really tight allyways and parking complexes in Japan. These cameras can help in this regard.

Or is this simply an electronic gimmick?
I do think this has something to do with it also.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Frumunda Cheese said:
I want to know a way to be able to turn on the rear camera when I'm sitting at a red light, without putting it in reverse, and there is a hot chick behind me. Maybe even hook up a dvr so I can make my own video "Girls Gone Wild at Stop Lights"
Yeah, do this in Philadelphia and you'll get "Hot Chicks Putting on Eye Makeup Right Before They Rear End You" and not in a good way... would be good when you go to court.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Cameras are for Soccer Moms that don't know how to drive.

This whole idea sounds completely dumb... sorry, but if you cannot park a car w/o a camera pointed at the curb, what are you going to do if it breaks ~ or if you need to drive another car? What if its dark outside? does it have a light for the camera? Night-Vision Low Lux Camera? RAIN!!!??

What if girls are watching, they're all going to laugh at you, they're all going to laugh at you, they're all going to laugh at you, (sorry having a flashback from the Stephen King movie "Carrie")

Anyway, if you're driving a car and looking at a video display on the dash you'll end up killing someone... a billion years from now, the only people alive will be those that drive using video cameras and cockroaches.... the streets will be littered with old crushed human and animal bones. ... correct me if I'm wrong but that is the story-line behind the movie "Mad Max"? ~ yeah, me likey TV.

How would this work while backing up while parking? Split Screen? ...don't think so. (keep the frig away from my car while parking!)

Whats next? Cameras under your car encase someone or an animal crawled under your car? Wait!!! What if someone is roof surfing on your car and you're about to enter a low headroom parking garage??

Maybe a "cat check cam" (in street garage slang, it would be called a "C3") to make sure no cats are sleeping on your warm engine block before you start your car in the morning and turn them in to bloody confetti kitty cole slaw???

mmmm, bloody confetti kitty cole slaw! <said like Homer>

Cameras are for Soccer Moms that don't know how to drive.

Or if you're missing an eye and have zero stereoscopic depth perception.

"stereoscopic" ... damn I sound all scientific and sh*t!

But if my car had it, I would think it was really really neat, and I would never never tell a living sole unless I lost an eye.

Okay here comes the nurse with my meds. :confused: I'll write more after they kick in.

AND Happy "Sync-co-de-my-oh" :1:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I feel like the rear camera is very useful. That way when I back out in the morning I can assure myself there are no dead bodies laying behind me. It also will come in handy when my child is born and leaves his/her bike behind the car. I had several bikes run over when I was a kid until I learn not to leave them behind dad's van. In Korea they have mirrors pointing down from the back roof area. That way you look into two mirrors to see whats down there. Then you can back in to those tight areas without knocking over the moped behind you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: Re: Side mirror camera

bigdongers said:

1. power
2. ground
3. switched power
4. camera on switch
5. video feed
6. video feed 2??

Traced the wire to the camera, only 4 wires. Your suggestion above should be correct: power, ground, camera switch, video. (Color: Black with white stripe, Yellow with black stripe, red with white stripe, blue with black stripe)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Side mirror camera

sgpmo said:

Traced the wire to the camera, only 4 wires. Your suggestion above should be correct: power, ground, camera switch, video. (Color: Black with white stripe, Yellow with black stripe, red with white stripe, blue with black stripe)
4 wires should be easy then.

Black wire - ground
yellow wire - power
red wire - camera switch
blue - video feed

I estimate that should be the colours.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts