Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after getting alternator replacement from dealership, memory setting was erased. Didn't think much of it since only I drive murano most of the time. Today, my brother came to visit, but I've told him his setting was erased, so that's when I've found the problem. On driver side mirror control wouldn't work at all, but on passenger side mirror- only left to right works not up and down. Does anyone have similar problem? if so how can I fix the problem without taking the murano back to dealership... Thanks oh btw its 2004 model

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey mrq

Did this work? My passenger side mirror just stopped working. I can adjust it left to right, but it's still strangely slow; but up and down doesn't work at all :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the repair work? Both of my mirrors on my 2003 are not functioning(sometimes very slowly horizontally). I was told that power is not going to the switch. Therefore, I am not sure if the service bulletin repair is going to work. I was told it could be the "computer panel" which runs about $600

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
56yankee said:
Did the repair work? Both of my mirrors on my 2003 are not functioning(sometimes very slowly horizontally). I was told that power is not going to the switch. Therefore, I am not sure if the service bulletin repair is going to work. I was told it could be the "computer panel" which runs about $600
Hmm I wonder if that is true or perhaps the old bait and switch? Maybe the SB does apply. What else is controlled by the "computer panel" they mention?

Sounds fishy to me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I recently discovered both mirrors only move side-to-side, but not up and down. Of course, I'm long out of warranty for such things. :(

·
Where's my money?
23 Posts
My g/f's Murano is still under warranty, but I opted to order and pay for the parts myself (you can find the part numbers for the "kits" on that service bulletin). I got into a rather lengthy discussion w/ the parts manager about having the warranty cover it, but the bottomline was that after all was said and done, it wasn't worth my g/f's time to drop it off/pick it up at the dealer and my g/f spending the money for a rental car. The total cost of both parts was around $70 and I got both sides done in under 30 minutes.

///Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts