Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my wife a 2004 Armada with a Nav and DVD system. You know everything I dodn't buy for myself on the Murano.
Can we listen to the CD player in the front seats while the kids listen to the DVD player in the back seat? I am assuming the systems are similar between the Murano and Armada. If not, does anyone know of a Armada discussion board.
We are going on a road trip soon with the 3 kids (save me), so the answer to this question is important to my sanity.

Thank you.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Can't speak to the Armada, but on the Mo, my son can watch a DVD in back while my wife and I listen to the stereo in front (CD or radio). He hears the DVD through his one set of ear phones (Nissan SHOULD have provided two - heck, there ARE THREE seating positions back there! On my Mo, however, you can't pipe the DVD through the speakers and still listen to the stereo since the DVD plays through one of the FM stations.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim C said:
Can't speak to the Armada, but on the Mo, my son can watch a DVD in back while my wife and I listen to the stereo in front (CD or radio). He hears the DVD through his one set of ear phones (Nissan SHOULD have provided two - heck, there ARE THREE seating positions back there! On my Mo, however, you can't pipe the DVD through the speakers and still listen to the stereo since the DVD plays through one of the FM stations.

Hope that helps.
Thank you very very much. Now I know it can be done, but how? Is there a sequence of buttons to be pushed of does it happen automatically.

Your right, there should of been 3 headphones included, especially on the Armada given it's size.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
564 Posts
For headphone sound, its piped through automatically when the DVD plays. Stereo works independently. To pipe it through the car's sound system on my Murano, I set the FM to 88.5 and hit one of the buttons on the DVD player - can't recall which one off hand, but the instructions are included on a cheat sheet that came with the system. You should have one as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts