Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just acquired my new Murano and I love it! I was just browsing the Crutchfield site and I came across the SIR-CL1 SIRIUS tuner Satellite Tuner. Does anyone know if this would be compatible with the 2004 Murano's that are pre-wired for this option? I ask because the $200-$250 Sat kits offered by the dealers seem to be a bit steep in this day and age of inexpensive Satellite tuners.. Thanks for your help..

Great site!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
DarkMeth, the SIR-CL1 SIRIUS will NOT be compatible with

with your Murano, eventhough the mo is so-called 'prewired'.
Only oem sat box (xm or sirius) can be used because murano headunit can only recognise the signals from these 2 boxes

Another alternative is for you to use something like universal add ons xm/sirius kit like the xm-roady, or skifi
univ add ons xm, from crutchfield

Then, use the included fm modulator (not so good sound quality) or buy the pac-audio NNIS interface.(www.pac-audio.com). Do a search in this forum on the pac-audio. Basically it will allow you to have digital audio line-in to the oem headunit. Now, remember hat the pac-audio will replace the sat -harness behind the murano headunit. So you can not use the 'prewired' sat and pac audio interface simultenously.

Hope this helps.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I think you can. I have a 04 and JAAK showed me how to splice into the sat wire that runs to the rear without opening up the radio dash enclosure or making any connection to the head box. I have a Roardy2 and it uses the steering wheel and dash controls just fine.

The sound is terriffic and I did the hidden GPS installation re. MattsmuranO. Alll is wonderfull I also hooked my Ipod to the second PAC inputs and they are great. Grip :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts