Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive me if this has been covered before.

I am considering buying the Sirius receiver from Grubbs. I know it's a fairly simple installation, but i'm just not comfortable doing it myself. I'm sure the local Nissan dealers will charge an arm and a leg to install it.

Has anyone here had a Sirius (or XM) receiver installed by a third party installer, or a Best Buy/Circuit City, etc, installer? If so, what did you pay . . . how long did it take them . . . did they have any problems?

I was just at Ultimate Electronics here in Scottsdale and they said they would charge by the hour ($65). I can't imagine it would take a professional very long to do the job, but I wanted to get other opinions on this.

Any other advice, I would like to hear it!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The dealer I purchased my MO from charges about $650 (includes parts and labor). But because of their bumbling and horrible service, they're actually going to throw it in for free for me.

I think $500-$600 is typical depending where you are. Ensure you SPECIFICALLY tell them *NOT* to offset the antenna.

Go to this thread for details about what I went through with my satellite radio: http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4762

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, i'm interested in what a third party would charge simply for the install of the receiver. I already have the antenna up (for my plug and play). I was thinking about just using that and connecting it to the OEM receiver. I can't believe that it is a big deal to get this installed if the MO is already prewired for it and the harness it very accessible.

·
4,664 Posts
If you can get your existing antenna connection to where the OEM receiver goes, behind the left rear seat, then you will have both power and antenna and the receiver just needs to be plugged in and mounted.

The mounting is a bit cheesy, consisting of double sided foam tape stacked up and stuck on, but it works fine.

It's easier than you might think, if you can get the antenna there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts