Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my sat kit in from Grubbs and was surprised to not find any instructions in the box. From all the articles on this site I can figure it out though..

Just thought that was wierd... Anyone else have the same issue?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine came with the directions, but i threw them out a while back :(

You can email them, and I think they have the instructions online or in PDF format.

Good Luck with the install, it is pretty easy :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool beans!! just what I needed! I've printed it out and should be able to install within the next day or so...

Thanks again!!

·
4,664 Posts
Just remember, you don't have to mount the antenna off to one side. You can mount it in the center...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's in and working!!

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Any reason why you would need to run the antenna wire from the antenna to the hatch instead of just through the roof?

I think it would look cleaner if all that was on top of the roof was the antenna.

Thoughts?

·
4,664 Posts
If you drill a hole in the roof, you have to make sure it will never leak, and you will always have a hole in the roof.

Putting it on top, makes it removable without having a hole to plug.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Silver tape

One finishing touch I'd like to do to my sat ant. installation is to find some really good silver tape like the thick, super sticky tape supplied in the kit. I'd put a long, wide strip on to cover the black tape and wires between the roof and the door gasket. I think it would look much better. Anyone know of a source for that kind of tape?

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
4,664 Posts
Chuck, you should have clear tape in the kit, that's used for that purpose. Clear tape from the tail of the antenna, up to the gooey blob that seals the wires under the gasket.

The foil tape you refer to, I've seen for sealing HVAC in homes. I don't know if the adhesive is water resistant, so that would be my only concern there...

This picture shows it on mine, as I was doing it. The blob's not in place yet, nor is the rest of the clear tape which covered the wires all the way down and over the little cable guide that sits in the notch.

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
So if you got foil tape in your kit, that's different than my kit... Hmmmm....

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, I also got the clear tape in the kit. I applied the tape as shown in the instructions and you can see one of the strips of black tape where it was applied right at the curve just below the roof line (with the hatch open of course). The clear tape went below that. I was just thinking that if I could find some silver (my MO is silver) tape, I could cover all that.

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Can anyone provide a picture of the antenna when all mouting is completed.... top view, sides and back along with the extension to the rear of the car from the antenna.

Trying to figure out some different mounting options... I may try to install it under the front dash.

·
4,664 Posts
Ah, Chuck, now I get it... Home Depot has the duct tape and I don't mean the cloth silver stuff, but the aluminum foil stuff. You could see how well that matches up.

Gonzo, I'm on a different PC and don't have the pics, but if you click on the link to my website and go to the antenna install section, you'll see a couple of pics of mine, which is roof mounted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts