Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Nissan OEM Sirius Satellite Tuner in my '04 Murano.. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.. Works great.. but I have 2 questions..

When you first power on the car or tuner, the display defaults to only showing the channel # (in the larger top display area).. If I press the tuner/options select button in once, It then displays the station name, title/artist in the smaller text below. Is there a way to have it always dispay this way?

2nd question.. I have another Sirius tuner in another car.. When I change channels on that one, it shows the song title of the next station almost immediately.. On the Murano tuner, it delays about 2-3 seconds, then plays the song and then finally shows the track.. Much more delayed..

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
4,664 Posts
Yes, that's the way it is... It's nice to have it integrated, but it's not perfect.

The first part is the head unit. It gets all the data but doesn't display it, until you tell it to.

The second question is the receiver. It's a little slow in reporting the information because a channel change is a number of commands going back and forth between the head unit and the receiver, so the bus is busy during the change, then it can display the info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts