Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 2005 Nissan Murano. I wanted to have satellite put in it but they wanted to charge me $650 for it. So I opted not to get it from the dealer and purchased a Sirius Sportster model. Do any of you know about how I can install it? Am I able to install an AM/FM transmitter or possibly get someone to rig up the AUX in the car? OR am I doomed to go back to the dealer and have them rip me off? Please help...I am clueless and so were the people at BestBuy. Thanks.

·
4,664 Posts
Take a peek around in the audio section, and look for the Pac Audio adapter. It'll do the trick, and it's not as scary as you might think, to get it hooked up.

We'll answer what we can, to help out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I find the Pac Audio adapter and how much do they usually cost? Which one would I need for a 2005 Murano? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
eaglesfan428 said:
Where can I find the Pac Audio adapter and how much do they usually cost? Which one would I need for a 2005 Murano? Thanks for your help.
You can get it from eBay. The adaptor has 2 Aux ports and costs around $80+shipping. Order one last week, still waiting for it to arrive.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Boss Lady has a Sportster.

Auto install consists of the auto adapter which, out of the box, is deigned to be plugged into a DC adapter.
Then you need to set the Sportser and your car's FM radio to the same station to get them talking.

I believe the auto adapter does have aux outs, but I'm not sure how they can be used. The doc'n that comes with it is spotty in this regard. And the Sirius website doesn't mention it at all.

The auto adapter itself is designed to be fastened to the dash using the contact cement pads on it or (gasp!) screws.

On the upside, the Sportster gives you 10 presets and it has a knob that lets you "spin" through the channels.
It also auto-scrolls long text, unlike the OEM receiver where you have to use the "tuner" knob on the radio to see more text.

·
4,664 Posts
That's a good one!

·
Registered
193 Posts
PAC-AAI-NIS iPod Car Adaptor

Jaak or anyone who has installed this device: Just got the device today. I have a question regarding the installation. The 10-pin main plug and the 12-pin SAT plug are straight forward enough. But, where do I connect the other three wires?

(1) Yellow/Black
(2) Blue/Red
(3) Blue/Black

And, do you leave the PAC device at the back of the radio and just pull out the RCA cables?

Thanks.

·
4,664 Posts
Two of the wires are for enabling the selected device. One's active at a time, so you can use it to drive a relay or whatever. The Pac lets you select one of two inputs.

The third wire is for communication to other pac devices.

You can ignore all three, if you like. They are documented in the instructions. If you're missing them, go to pac's site and download them.

Good to see my picture's making the rounds! That's the desk underneath my wrists, right now....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Jaak

Thanks for the info and thanks for providing so many useful pictures too. :)

I've found so many DIY links with detail step-by-step picture in the forum. Even a non-DIY person like myself is temped to start DYI.

Thanks again for so many useful info and share it with fellow MO owners (and potential ones too). :29:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you think I should return the sportster? I can't figure out what to do with it. If so, what sirius model should I buy? Thanks for your help and suggestions.

·
Registered
193 Posts
eaglesfan428

eaglesfan428 said:
Do you think I should return the sportster? I can't figure out what to do with it. If so, what sirius model should I buy? Thanks for your help and suggestions.
I am sorry to have hijacked your thread.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Return the Sporster

The audio quality of Fm Modulators is at the botton of the scale.
Tape adapters is next step up
Direct Connection is at the first position.

·
4,664 Posts
Like Don said...:4:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm still convinced (stubborn) that it is possible to use the Sportster in the Murano. I went and bought an audio coupler and Y-Adapter audio cable and I"m going to give it a shot.

·
4,664 Posts
If it's got an audio output, it should work. Audio levels may be an issue, if you can't adjust them, but I'm sure someone here's got an idea to help you out.

I don't know anything about the sportster, so I'd have to see if they have the manual on line somewhere...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts