Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Sirius unit in my 04 MO SL and wanted to know if the unit plays certain stations until you sign up for the service?

When i tested the unit is came up with several sations 01 64 20 44 just to name a few, It seems as if they play one from each catagory.

Just wanted to see if this was normal :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any one have the Sirius Unit?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on the Unit.
I have a Sirius and love it. Sorry, right after I installed it, I hit the SAT button. It said "Acquiring" or something like that. That was it.
Activated it via on-line. By the time I got back to the car, presto, it was working. You'll love it. Where did you mount the antenna?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Matrixnyc said:
I just installed the Sirius unit in my 04 MO SL and wanted to know if the unit plays certain stations until you sign up for the service?

When i tested the unit is came up with several sations 01 64 20 44 just to name a few, It seems as if they play one from each catagory.

Just wanted to see if this was normal :)
I've got XM, not Sirius, but I'm pretty sure they both work the same way. XM lets you listen to about 10 channels without activating your subscription, and it rotates which 10 channels you get to listen to from time to time. Once you activate your subscription, then your tuner downloads the information it needs for all 100 stations. So, sounds like things are working as they should!

Jeff

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Activated the Sirius Unit, and get all the channels now, but I dont get any of the song names or artist names? Is this not available on the Sirius unit?

·
Registered
202 Posts
You have to set the option to display what you want displayed. I'm assuming that your display currently shows the name of the channel you're listening to. To change that to the artist name or the track title (unfortunately, you can't have both, unless they changed this for '04), you press the tuning knob on the right side of the head unit several times (past the settings for bass, treble, etc.) until you get to Display Mode. Then turn the tuning knob until the display option you want is showing, and then press the tuning knob once more to set that option. I usually leave the Display Mode showing the channel name. When I want to know the artist name and/or track title, I just press the tuning knob once (for the artist name) or twice (for the track title).

Jeff

·
Registered
78 Posts
jpburk said:
You have to set the option to display what you want displayed. I'm assuming that your display currently shows the name of the channel you're listening to. To change that to the artist name or the track title (unfortunately, you can't have both, unless they changed this for '04),

Jeff
On my '03 (non-nav) with XM, I see the artist name on one line and the song title on the next line at the same time, so I wonder if the song/artist name on a different display is a Sirius thing. The limitation on XM is that the artist name/song title is limited to ten characters. Maybe this is so both artist and title can be displayed at the same time. However, I have noticed that if the info is not available, "No Artist Name" or "No Song Title" is displayed, and that exceeds the 10 character limit by at four characters counting spaces. So the standard Murano certainly can display more than ten characters in one line. The no info messages maybe something programmed into the receiver that is sent to the display when it does not receive any song or artist data from the service. In this case, ten characters may be the limit for the available data bits in the transmission system. How many characters are displayed on one continuous line with the Sirius system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have Sirius. You have probably figured out that after you're listening to the channel, you poke the right knob and you get the artist and song title. If the title is too long, turn the knob and the rest of the title scrolls on the screen. Its pretty cool. What is a tiny bit annoying is that you need to poke it again after you change channels.

Does anyone know how to set this permanently?

I love Sirius radio. When I get some extra $, I'm going to get another subscription for home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts