Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Murano Platinum in Florida that has had very good Sirius XM reception for the past two years I've owned the vehicle. This past spring, 2019 the service was transferred to an Ohio vehicle and it worked very good as well. When the service was transferred back to Florida this fall, 2019 there have been nothing but reception problems. The reception may stay on for a short while, then either cuts out intermittently or completely. I've worked with Sirius XM reps repeatedly receiving refresh signals, all to no avail.
I was considering replacing the Sattelite Antenna, but could not convince myself that is the root cause, as the vehicle was parked in a garage all summer and I cannot understand how an antenna would go bad given these circumstances. I've also read other postings where owners with similar problems had no success replacing the Sattelite Antenna.
Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a 2015 Murano Platinum in Florida that has had very good Sirius XM reception for the past two years I've owned the vehicle. This past spring, 2019 the service was transferred to an Ohio vehicle and it worked very good as well. When the service was transferred back to Florida this fall, 2019 there have been nothing but reception problems. The reception may stay on for a short while, then either cuts out intermittently or completely. I've worked with Sirius XM reps repeatedly receiving refresh signals, all to no avail.
I was considering replacing the Sattelite Antenna, but could not convince myself that is the root cause, as the vehicle was parked in a garage all summer and I cannot understand how an antenna would go bad given these circumstances. I've also read other postings where owners with similar problems had no success replacing the Sattelite Antenna.
You could have the dealer check it out, which I know if you don't have a warranty, may be costly buy if it's vehicle related they will have the best tools to find it. That being said, I trust nothing SXM tells me. It could very well be they are having issues in your area. When I moved from FL to NY and my SXM traffic was cutting in and out and then failed to work in my new location they tried to tell me it was the vehicle when in fact I found out (after several calls and conversations with SXM and the dealer) that the service doesn't cover the entirely of the country. It is very spotty. They just didn't want me to cancel. From then on I take everything they tell me with a grain of salt until it's proven.

Maybe others have some ideas... good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could have the dealer check it out, which I know if you don't have a warranty, may be costly buy if it's vehicle related they will have the best tools to find it. That being said, I trust nothing SXM tells me. It could very well be they are having issues in your area. When I moved from FL to NY and my SXM traffic was cutting in and out and then failed to work in my new location they tried to tell me it was the vehicle when in fact I found out (after several calls and conversations with SXM and the dealer) that the service doesn't cover the entirely of the country. It is very spotty. They just didn't want me to cancel. From then on I take everything they tell me with a grain of salt until it's proven.

Maybe others have some ideas... good luck
Michael,
Thanks for the comments. I agree with you about SiriusXM, as all they want to do is sell you something, and the feedback I've had about dealers replacing the antenna has been hit and miss.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Michael,
Thanks for the comments. I agree with you about SiriusXM, as all they want to do is sell you something, and the feedback I've had about dealers replacing the antenna has been hit and miss.
Thanks again.
So I‘ve had service since before Siriu and XM merged. I will say that the most spotty issues I’ve ever had has always been with my Nissans (Rogue Select, Rogue S, Rogue SV, and my current Murano). I think the antennas are worse because I notice it in my moms 2019 Buick Enclave also. But when I used Pioneer NEX aftermarket headunits and antennas my service was very rarely spotty....only had brief issues under very specific underpasses and at drive thru windows theoretically because of their own stuff interfering with the signal. Not to say mine in my Murano or my previous Rogues are alarmingly excessive. I just notice the reliability of signal/spotty moments happens more than it did with my aftermarket.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So I‘ve had service since before Siriu and XM merged. I will say that the most spotty issues I’ve ever had has always been with my Nissans (Rogue Select, Rogue S, Rogue SV, and my current Murano). I think the antennas are worse because I notice it in my moms 2019 Buick Enclave also. But when I used Pioneer NEX aftermarket headunits and antennas my service was very rarely spotty....only had brief issues under very specific underpasses and at drive thru windows theoretically because of their own stuff interfering with the signal. Not to say mine in my Murano or my previous Rogues are alarmingly excessive. I just notice the reliability of signal/spotty moments happens more than it did with my aftermarket.

I guess it's hit or miss. I had the antenna replaced on my 2016 Malibu 3 times, but that was the literal tip of the iceberg with that car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't get the xm. why pay for it,,, unless you like the talk channels. I use different ways to play my music. 1. use the usb. with a flash drive with 3000 song, My IPOD .. and then Blue tooth thru Pandora.. I don't need xm

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't get the xm. why pay for it,,, unless you like the talk channels. I use different ways to play my music. 1. use the usb. with a flash drive with 3000 song, My IPOD .. and then Blue tooth thru Pandora.. I don't need xm
People listen to more than the talk stations. It’s a preference thing but there are plenty of reasons that people opt to pay for it. And if they are smart about it they never pay regular price for it. To each their own but I am a huge fan of it. Once upon a time I swore I would never pay for it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
People listen to more than the talk stations. It’s a preference thing but there are plenty of reasons that people opt to pay for it. And if they are smart about it they never pay regular price for it. To each their own but I am a huge fan of it. Once upon a time I swore I would never pay for it.
I often wonder if anyone pays full price. They are always sending emails for good "specials". When they are up, you cancel and they send them again. Personally, I go back and forth with it. I do like it. Yeah I can stream Apple Music and my own library too, but......

·
Registered
74 Posts
I often wonder if anyone pays full price. They are always sending emails for good "specials". When they are up, you cancel and they send them again. Personally, I go back and forth with it. I do like it. Yeah I can stream Apple Music and my own library too, but......
I’ve never paid full price. Not remotely close. Usually less than the special deals the offer also. I’ve never had the service disconnected either. I may have called in with every intention of canceling...turned down their initial “great deal”....and they always offer something much better.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Have you recently installed an electronic device like a dashcam? They can sometimes cause interference when the rear camera cable is routed too near a sensitive area.... Rerouting the cable or installing ferrite chokes can resolve the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts