Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this happen a few random (one off) times but so far this week it's been everytime I get in and start my 2018 SV.

My preset SiriusXM channels show in white text vs the station logo like they should, and no song information comes up on the screen, and I'm unable to change the station for about 30-60 seconds.

The attached picture is showing what it looks like vs what it should look like (even though the Hits 1 logo isn't showing)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Maybe due to being in a weak signal area so it takes longer to load the data for the icons and begin playing?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have seen it a few times on my 2018 SV. Usually fixes itself after I stop somewhere, the next time I start the car.
I think one time I pulled into a parking lot, shut everything off and restarted to get the display back.

·
Super Moderator
1,169 Posts
Pull the radio fuse for 20 seconds.

This usually resets the radio back to normal without losing any settings.

Radio fuse is a 20 amp fuse, third up from the bottom, on the right side in the fuse box located under the dash by the driver's left knee.

Good luck.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Daughter had this happening in her Juke. Do you have navigation? If so, the maps could be a corrupt file which messes with the stereo. Sounds odd I know, but it was fixed once they replaced the map file.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had this happen a few random (one off) times but so far this week it's been everytime I get in and start my 2018 SV.

My preset SiriusXM channels show in white text vs the station logo like they should, and no song information comes up on the screen, and I'm unable to change the station for about 30-60 seconds.

The attached picture is showing what it looks like vs what it should look like (even though the Hits 1 logo isn't showing)

View attachment 52202

View attachment 52203
My 2015 was doing the same thing. My dealer checked it over and over then decided to replace the head unit after I complained so much. They actually replaced it 3 times with the same result every time they told me the units they were putting in were "refurbished" units. They contacted Nissan and put a brand new one in and it has not done it since..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was experiencing the same thing on my 2015 SL. Over the years it would happen occasionally, but recently it would happen almost every time I started the car. No color icons on the presets. Couldn't change the station for about a minute. However, my situation had an additional cruel twist. No matter what station I was tuned into when I turned the car off, it would always start up on the 90's station. Every time. Even after I removed it from my presets, I was greeted for 60+ seconds by the likes of Alanis Morissette or Hootie and the Blowfish every time I started my car. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I decided to re-arrange my presets that resulted in me re-programming around 15 of the 18 presets. Ever since I did that, they problems have disappeared. I can't say for sure if the two are related, but I think it's definitely worth a shot if you're still experiencing the issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts