Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I took the plunge and bought my first Nissan.
Specs - 2004 SL AWD, Sunlit Copper/Charcoal Leather, Touring Package, Dynamic Control and Navigations Systems. Price paid - $29,995. I had to convince my wife that it was a good deal, she's not a fan of the Copper color, but that was the only choice at that price, they had 5 of them. Drives like a dream, almost makes me wish my commute was longer.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Copper color was my 2nd choice and sometimes I wish I would have bought it. I'm sure it looks sharp. That sounds like a great price to. Congratulations:cool:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Welcome and Congrats. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. It sure rides a lot nicer than my Durango. All I need is some time off to take it out for a day trip to Big Sur.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
sricha said:
It sure rides a lot nicer than my Durango.[/B]
HA! My dad bought a Durango 3 or 4 years ago and he absolutely loved it. Thought it was the best vehicle he ever had. I hated it. WAY too big, bulky, awkward, and rough. Definitely a Utility Truck, nothing "sport" about it.

Once my little brother took their other car to college (an old beat up Eclipse) he bought a used Subaru something-or-other. He didn't think he would ever like driving it because he liked the big Durango better. HOWEVER, after driving the Subaru a little bit, he has traded vehicles with my mother. She has to drive the truck, and he gets to drive the small car! Now every time he gets in the Durango he complains about the rough ride and huge size. Go figure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
sricha

That's a good price. Was it a demo (miles) or brand new?

Enjoy the ride, and WELCOME. Tell your wife you got a good deal and there are other women on the forum if she wants to chat! ~

*cheers*

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brand new, 12 miles on the odometer. They said there were 15 left at the factory and gave the local dealer the option to take as many as they wanted. He took six, with a heavy factory discount. He said all 15 were sunlite coppper, it was the choice for Nissan advertising.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is an awesome deal!
I bought mine 04 SL-AWD last July with Navigation, Touring, and Dynamic Control plackages, plus SIRIUS satellite, roof rack cross bar, mud guards for $32500 and I thought I got a good deal already. =)

You got almost $9K off your MSRP price. Congratulations!

·
Registered
717 Posts
sricha said:
I had to convince my wife that it was a good deal, she's not a fan of the Copper color, but that was the only choice at that price, they had 5 of them.
My wife had the same response to the Sunlit Copper back in February 2003 when we ordered ours. Now, she likes that color the best, especially on the Murano and 350Z.

It just takes a while for it to grow on them.

Great deal by the way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts