Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - traded in my gas-swilling 1999 Dodge Durango (105K miles)this weekend for a 2003 Murano. I absolutely love it. My only concern is the size - trunk-wise. I have two boys, ages 10/12 and they now know they won't be able to take their rollerblades, bikes and other stuff I used to plop in the back of the Durango to Grandma's house, and they can live with that. But my question, can two adults and two young kids travel comfortably in this thing? Your opinions appreciated. - Jim

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well sure, darn near anything can be done jim.
But what you propose will be pushing it.

What I would do is go over the bridge and through the woods to Grandma's house, doing the best you can.

Nothing like a real trip to find out.

Then I would look into getting some cross rails and a carrier for the roof. You could put a bodacious amount of stuff up there just for trips. Light stuff toi be sure, but lots of it.

Then get a Trailer hitch and a bike carrier.

The MO is not very big. It is actually shorter than the Nissan Altima that it is based on!

BTW my son in law has a Durango.
Don't expect the MO to get the EPA numbers. But it will still handily beat the Durango.

Welcome aboard!

Homer

·
Registered
719 Posts
Two adults and two large boys/young men (19 and 14) travel in mine on a regular basis.

We did get some aftermarket Yakima towers and bars for the roof rack and a Thule 16 cu ft box to put up there as well.

The reason we did that however was because we have a 85lb yellow lab who also travels with us.

She needs her space in the back (about 1/2 of it).:2:

We're up to 7,900 miles and have taken several long trips of 3-8 hours driving time each way with no complaints from anyone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good to hear (the large boy aspect) that is. I have already been looking into the roof rack option and I will keep on keepin on in that regard. Glad to hear you haul a couple of boys and a large dog. Homer - appreciate your input as well. After popping 12 MPG on a regular basis in Durango, I was pleased to see my first 100 miles with this Murano, I've already hit 18 MPH around town -- I am sure it'll get better as it gets broken in. Nice forum folks - appreciate more thoughts (if any out there.... ) - Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts