Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Deep Bordeaux on Caffe Latte because I absolutely LOVE the color combination. I don't think I've ever seen another one yet. Unfortunately, the latte interior shows dirt pretty quickly, and my steering wheel looks pretty gross already. Any suggestions on what I should use to clean the steering wheel? And while you're at it, how about dirt spots where my wife rests the bottom of her left shoe on the passenger door handle?

TvmIA

·
Registered
79 Posts
You've become quite prolific here, Steve!

The best stuff I've found is Armourall All-Purpose Cleaner. That stuff cleans almost everything. You should search the other threads that discuss cleaning products, though, as some of the members here are borderline obsessive when it comes to keeping it clean. I trait I certainly admire but do not have the time to adopt.

I agree with your statement about the color. I think I've seen only one other Bordeaux Murano on the road beside yours. I would say it's the rarest of the colors.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
msfiveiron said:
The best stuff I've found is Armourall All-Purpose Cleaner....I think I've seen only one other Bordeaux Murano on the road beside yours. I would say it's the rarest of the colors.
Thanks, Mike, I will look for that stuff. I was in line at a car wash in front of another Bordeaux one a few weeks after I got mine, but the guy got one with a horrid red leather interior. Just a terrible color combination. He said he wanted the one I got, but he was a week too late. It was the only one that went through my dealership.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sean103 said:
easternpa

you live in yardley thats pretty insane...i live right outside new hope...where did you get your murano?
I picked mine up at Peruzzi Nissan in Fairless Hills. They've ripped me off for the last time.

:11:

·
Registered
117 Posts
first of all, you should not be letting ANYONE put their feet up in your car, wife, mother, kids, anyone!

second, the Lexol brand PH balanced cleaner is really great, follow up with some Lexol conditioner for leather and you are all set.

i personally don't like Armour all, it ruined the dash on my dads car when i was young, but to each their own.

-Nerf

EasternPA said:
I bought Deep Bordeaux on Caffe Latte because I absolutely LOVE the color combination. I don't think I've ever seen another one yet. Unfortunately, the latte interior shows dirt pretty quickly, and my steering wheel looks pretty gross already. Any suggestions on what I should use to clean the steering wheel? And while you're at it, how about dirt spots where my wife rests the bottom of her left shoe on the passenger door handle?

TvmIA

·
Registered
564 Posts
Remember your steering wheel is leather. Try to avoid cleaners that strip leather oils. One that's made specifically for leather is best - Lexol is reputed to be the zaino of leather cleaners and conditioners. I've used it and liked it, but found it find of steep pricewise. I've used Blue Magic Leather Cleaner (about half the cost of Lexol) with good results, followed by Armorall Leather conditioner. The Blue Magic Leather Conditioner wasn't as good and tended to leave the leather feeling tacky. The Armorall leather conditioner, by contrast, left the surface softer and supple.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
Jim C said:
Lexol is reputed to be the zaino of leather cleaners and conditioners. I've used it and liked it, but found it find of steep pricewise.
I got a chuckle out of that "pricey" label, given how much we've spent on our cars and all the toys we bought for them :p .

·
Registered
564 Posts
Good point! Of course, it all adds up eventually. I don't mind paying more for stuff that works well. Afterall, there's a lot of truth to that old adage about getting what you paid for, but then again, its always good to find alternatives to pricey options that work as well for a lot less. Besides, its almost like a bit of a game, (s)he that spends the least to get the most wins!

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
EasternPA said:

Thanks, Mike, I will look for that stuff. I was in line at a car wash in front of another Bordeaux one a few weeks after I got mine, but the guy got one with a horrid red leather interior. Just a terrible color combination. He said he wanted the one I got, but he was a week too late. It was the only one that went through my dealership.
That horrid red leather is called Cabernet.

AND ITS THE FASTEST COLOR!!

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts