Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experiencing a great deal of skipping when listening to CDs? It seems to happen mostly when the MO is cold. And don't tell me about memory buffers or anything like that. It skips while still parked in the garage! Although today was quite bad while driving but it's also 0 degrees out! What could be causing that?

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
Just noticed this on a trip to Vegas. It only happened on one homemade CD so I think it's the CD. I've read numerous articles that recommend you burn CDs at slower speeds. 4X, 8X to minimize problems.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Also, instead of using those cheap blank cd..

use a higher quality cdr, like tdk/sony blank audio cd, speacially coated. It will have "AUDIo CD" logo on it or on its case.

Cost you 3 times a smuch per cd, but the cd last longer and skipp free. And Kimura's sugestion is right, burn at lower speed.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
This CD player is apparently more susceptible to condensation than most. A lot of people have complained about this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its possible that CD-R you are using are bad. I really don't agree with buying Audio CD-R. There is really no difference between a Audio CD-R and Data CD-R as far as media is concerned and they are much more expensive.

I have never experienced this problem although I use only CD-R in my MO. I do, however, burn them at 4x and all CD-R I have are Memorex.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I have used several brands, all burned at the max speed of my burner, 8X. No problems except with older CDRs where the label (reflective surface with the data) pealed, mostly due to being put in the case wet.

·
4,664 Posts
I've had mine for a year now, in all kinds of weather from -30 to 100+ and mine's been fine. And yes, Toronto get's really humid...

I'd take it to the dealer and tell them you want it replaced.

Unless... You've scratched your CD's or CDR's...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree with the person who said that its condensation...it seems obvious to me. I have the same problem when the MO is cold...and ONLY when its cold.

If you leave your CDs in the player, overnight for example...or any lengthy period when its very cold....the CDs will, IMHO, experience a period of condensation when you start up and heat the inside of the vehicle.....you should notice that it clears up (mine does) after driving for a while and the temperature inside the vehicle stabilizes.

Also, I "never" experienced this problem until Winter (bought my MO in Sept.)...and again, ONLY on cold days.

·
4,664 Posts
I agree it's possible that this the problem. But I've yet to experience it.... And I know cold days, as well as ******* cold days.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Other Nissan Bose HU's have had this problem as well....take it to the dealer. If they can replicate it, they will most likely replace it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts