Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I plan to get MO within a couple weeks. I will go testdrive one this weekend but I just want to get some opinion.I have heard SE ride is pretty harsh but I wonder how harsh it is. Is the ride comparable to other nissan sedan? I currently drive MB SLK320 and I personally prefer a good handling to a comfy ride. It looks like I can get SE for invoice - $1000 from one dealer and I believe this is an excellent deal as I have never bought a car below invoice before. Do you guys think I should negotiate even further?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Familyman from Redmond, WA

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gee, and I thought I got a good deal...invoice. The dealer tried to add $350 dealer prep fee but I refused to pay that and they took it right off. Some dealers are requiring that you take their financing at 9.9% to get their best price. I paid cash so that wasn't an issue.
I find the ride on my SL is just firm enough. Its a much tighter ride than my 99 suburban an a little softer than my Miata.
Test drive both the SL & SE if you can.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Nissan actually builds more SL models, so you might be able to get a better deal on more widely available trim lines, like the SL AWD. Anyways, I have an SE AWD and fine the ride quality to be excellent. You should test drove both and compare - and make sure before you test drive that the tire pressures are at factory spec.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jbar said:
Gee, and I thought I got a good deal...invoice. The dealer tried to add $350 dealer prep fee but I refused to pay that and they took it right off. Some dealers are requiring that you take their financing at 9.9% to get their best price. I paid cash so that wasn't an issue.
I find the ride on my SL is just firm enough. Its a much tighter ride than my 99 suburban an a little softer than my Miata.
Test drive both the SL & SE if you can.
Knowing that there are several dealers and most dealers have more than a dozen of MOs on the lot, and we have only 2 more months till 2004, I thought I should leverage this to get the best deal. All I did was sending email to each dealers asking what the bottom price of 03 MO SE,AWD,Pop Pack stating I would come and pick one up from a dealer offering the best price this weekend. I have also mentioned I have nothing to trade and will arriave at a dealer with a personal check written down to the penney.

I will testdrive both and make sure tire presure is correct. (good suggestion). I am surprised to hear though the ride is just little better than Miata !:eek:

Thanks all and I will come back if I do get one

·
Registered
51 Posts
familyman said:

...All I did was sending email to each dealers ...I am surprised to hear though the ride is just little better than Miata !:eek:

Thanks all and I will come back if I do get one
I only got one response to my email requests for a quote. And that one didn't give a quote but asked me to come in to the dealer:rolleyes:

I love my Miata (and the way it rides) but the Murano just soaks up some of the bumps a little better:D

·
Registered
792 Posts
I would have liked the SE if I was the one driving it. However I am not the primary driver and it was stated not EVERYTHING we own has to ride like a brick :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I testdrove both and came home with SE AWD all options less Nav.
Midnight Blue/Black Leather. I really like CVT.
Thanks all for tips.
If there are people who are in the market for MO, i have to tell you that this is the best time to get one. I got one for way below invoice.
Unless a dealer gets rid of all existing 03 on the lot, they wont be able to get 04. They will do whatever to get rid of them. :)
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
familyman said:
I testdrove both and came home with SE AWD all options less Nav.
Midnight Blue/Black Leather. I really like CVT.
Thanks all for tips.
If there are people who are in the market for MO, i have to tell you that this is the best time to get one. I got one for way below invoice.
Unless a dealer gets rid of all existing 03 on the lot, they wont be able to get 04. They will do whatever to get rid of them. :)
Thanks.
Congrats on the new Murano. My model is exactly the same as yours, I think its a fantastic color combo, blue exterior, black interior. Looks great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts