Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone notice slight misalignment of their steering column? The plastic housing that encompasses the column is not perfectly horizontal on my MO, as I have noticed after taking delivery. I have not noticed any adverse effect on handling or steering, yet.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I think they all are that way

.:eek: GRIP :D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
And furthermore, I think they are supposed to be that way........

I can't ever remember seeing a colum that came out of the dash perfectly horizontal on any car?

Homer:1:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clarification

I meant that the left side of the plastic steering column casing is slightly higher than the right. This does not change with steering wheel position adjustment. Additionally, I think the instrument gauge cluster casing is similarly misaligned.

The photo I included is not the actual photo of my MO and I am just using it as an example to illustrate the point.

Did anyone else notice this in his/her MO?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Oh.

Well I took a level out to the gold rush and discovered that bot the column and the cluster have a hump in the moddle.......so I took a ruler and attempted to see the difference left to right when the level was....well, level.

I found the column to be "maybe" 1/8" higher on the left (Certainly not noticable to the naked eye) and the cluster to be dead on level. Now the cluster cab=n be a bit of an illusion as the dash is curved away from it. But it measures dead level in my murano.

Homer

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whew:)

So I am not cross-eyed after all (I interpret images for living, so being cross-eyed would not help).

So now I am thinking - should I tell the dealer? They will probably pretend not to notice it... In any case, would it be worth trying to fix?

P.S. I just realized that your measurements are only valid if your MO is sitting perfectly level on the ground:)

·
5,100 Posts
Spin_Echo

Would you consider a visit to my home to help Grippee get the pictures in our home level? You have a great eye. GRIP :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes, to be happy, you just have to BELIEVE that the picture is straight:)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
ALL of our pictures are straight.

Homer

It does appear however that our house is slightly off........

·
5,100 Posts
It does appear however that our house is slightly off........

Love it. Homer, Can't wait to tell Grippee. GRIP :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts